Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Majors in Des Moines February 18-19, 2012

Just letting everyone know that Des Moines in February will be majors!!! Were able to get them easily as the new MWLRC (Midwest Labrador Retriever Club) is going to hold an All Member meeting an hour after we are done showing. Just thought I would let everyone know in case they are interested in coming.

I know weather is iffy at this time of year but most are the new club's members that are coming so it will hold.

Judges are:

Saturday: Judge Nancy Liebes
Sunday: Judge Clay Coady

Numbers are:

Saturday: 12-20-1-0 (From my counts)
Sunday: 12-20-1-0 (From my counts)

Entries are limited to 1200 entries due to space, so if you are interested make sure to get your entries in early :) Closing date is February 1, 2012!!!!

Re: Majors in Des Moines February 18-19, 2012

Just curious if the AKC has ok'd your club name? I thought the name had to be more location-specific. The Midwest is technically much larger than your specific area and there are already a number of clubs that are in the "Midwest".

Congratulations, Rachael, on getting your new club off the ground. Regional clubs may well be the wave of the future.
Good luck with your new venture.

All Regional Clubs should have the Area Of Operation defined in their constitution. So this new club should be able to advise where they can operate to hold events.

New clubs are allowed to use a "general" name while they are getting themselves organized. They will have their organizational meeting and then choose several desired names which they will then submit to the AKC. Then the AKC will decide which name is acceptable to them.

Way to go Rachael. I am looking forward to it.

Entries do not close for the February 18-19th Des Moines Show until February 1st. You have time to make your entries. This could easily be a 5 point major in both dogs and bitches.