Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new progesterone test

about a year ago there was some talk about a new progesterone test that hit the market. it was the type where you dropped blood in one window and color changed in the other. Looked similar to the relaxin test.
There was also talk about breeders using urine in the test.......any new news on this test or did it fall to the wayside?

Re: new progesterone test

I think the breeder offering it was Maurreen. I can't remember her last name or full kennell name. O wait. Nim*something. She's on here allot.She should reply if it's ready to be sold.I'm interested too since my best breeder friend bbf does permate with colour change to.

I'm waiting to Maurreen.

maureen gamble at Nimloth

I think it was called the ZAP Progesterone test

name
maureen gamble at Nimloth
yes thats it.Email her about it.i did a whiel ago.she was gracoius and helpfull.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/16201776/1907082184/name/Introducing+ZAP+Canine+Progesterone+Test.pdf

doesn't say how it works? anyone used it yet?

I purchased and used it once while also running progesterone test{Idexx} at the same time. Two of us could not see any color changes throughout the series of tests we ran. For me I will stick to the test I get numbers from.

ZAP Canine Progesterone Test Info

Clinitox Diagnostix introduces ZAP™ Canine Progesterone Test - a convenient, one-step test which takes the guess work out of your breeding program.

The ZAPTM Test uses a patented blood separation technology which provides a reliable analytical result from a single drop of blood in as few as 15 minutes. The ZAPTM Test is the first one-step, animal-side test that can be performed by a farmer, breeder, veterinarian or farm technician. This simple, convenient and cost-effective on-farm blood test improves on the delay inherent in traditional laboratory diagnostic tests and will lead to a dramatic improvement in reproductive and animal health management.

Our dedicated team has over 50 years combined experience in the areas of rapid clinical diagnostic solutions, assay development and manufacturing. Our portfolio includes a selection of unique rapid tests for human diagnostics in cardiology, toxicology and fertility. We have expanded our portfolio to offer our unique products to niche segments of the animal diagnostic testing market, including reproductive and animal health management.

AVAILABLE TO ORDER ON-LINE FALL 2011!

For more information, please contact samantha.rodgers@ clinitoxdiagnost ix.com.

Sincerely,

Samantha Rodgers
International Sales and Marketing Associate

www.clinitoxdiagnos tix.com

Re: ZAP Canine Progesterone Test Info

its available now?

I have emailed them this morning and waiting to hear back on if it is available now or not. Also how breeders in the US can purchase it. They are in Canada.

I emailed them and have recieved a response. As follows.................

Thank you for your interest in our ZAP Progesterone Test. Unfortunately, we have encountered a delay in the development of the test. We are working diligently to bring this product to market as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for more information about the ZAP Progesterone Test. We thank you in advance for your patience and we look forward to bringing this exciting and unique product to market to help take the guesswork out of your breeding program.

The cost of the test will be approximately $35 per test. The estimated shipping costs will be around $10-15. The exact costs will be available shortly before the test is available. I will send you more information about the test close to the launch of the product.

Yes this is the one that was being talked about.
said some breeders were using urine instead of blood.

has anyone used this one?

I used it and was it a waste of money! The color you are trying to match is a different color than the color in the pamplet that you are trying to match. The color on their website is different also. At least with Premate you have two colors to compare to. Use Premate. Endocrene is aweful!