Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Handler Question

I appreciate the 2 informative answers.

First of all no one answered my question: Can you or someone else take over handling your dog once the class has started?

To answer the original question...if the judge has already gone over the dog you cannot switch handlers. If it is before then it is up to the judge if a switch will be allowed.

One more thing: Another handler could have taken the dog into winners even if the child had handled in the classes. I would not have switched after the exam in winners, though! Congrats to the OP on getting RW--many would brag on a class win plus that!

I appreciate the informative answers.

First of all no one answered my question: Can you or someone else take over handling your dog once the class has started?

I was very happy with my win.
Someone told me that you could go to the ring steward any time before the judge chooses winners and ask to handle your dog with a valid reason of course.
Is this true?

Fairly New Exhibitor
Someone told me that you could go to the ring steward any time before the judge chooses winners and ask to handle your dog with a valid reason of course.
Is this true?

What would your valid reason be and I'll tell you if that would work.

After the comments I got here today I think I'll just call AKC and ask someone who knows the rules.

I'll not allow people to create madness where there isn't any.

Why not read the rules? That's why the AKC has Rule Booklets ...also in PDF so you can read them online.

Fairly New Exhibitor
After the comments I got here today I think I'll just call AKC and ask someone who knows the rules.

Sounds good. Don't let the door hit you in your behind.

Good idea
Fairly New Exhibitor

Sounds good. Don't let the door hit you in your behind.

Before I hire a handler, I observe them very, very carefully. That way, I know what I am going to get. We don't all like the same thing, so do your homework.

I guess you guys chased off another one. What a fun sport we have.

well...

It just amazes me that such judgmental, unyielding, often times even hateful people are breeding such loyal, reasonable, generous, forgiving dogs??

Sometimes I just don't get life.....I think I'll go hug a dog...

good grief...
well...

It just amazes me that such judgmental, unyielding, often times even hateful people are breeding such loyal, reasonable, generous, forgiving dogs??

Sometimes I just don't get life.....I think I'll go hug a dog...

this has nothing to do with the OP question but these posts are the best on this thread, sad true. How can you own such wonderful labradors and act the way you do?

what makes it even worse you dont even care

Fairly New Exhibitor
Is this true?

Contact the AKC to get your answer.
As for your posts, it's doubtful to me showing your own dog would have changed much other than you most likely wouldn't have gotten RWB with you as the handler. You sound young, and without a doubt, very inexperienced. You've been given good advice here, one being you do not pay a junior handler. Instead of thanking experienced breeders on this forum, your posts are rude and disrespectful. Get off your high horse and show your own dog, it's not as easy as it looks. Kudos to the junior handler, she did you a favor.

...have a lot to learn? That is good advice for each of us.

Alot to learn
Fairly New Exhibitor
Is this true?

As for your posts, it's doubtful to me showing your own dog would have changed much other than you most likely wouldn't have gotten RWB with you as the handler. You sound young, and without a doubt, very inexperienced. You've been given good advice here, one being you do not pay a junior handler. Instead of thanking experienced breeders on this forum, your posts are rude and disrespectful. Get off your high horse and show your own dog, it's not as easy as it looks. Kudos to the junior handler, she did you a favor.

Don't we all....
...have a lot to learn? That is good advice for each of us.

Alot to learn
Fairly New Exhibitor
Is this true?

Obviously, some more than others.