Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have grown very tired of the need for the "confirmation letters" at the bottom to submit a post. This delays the posts and has made me respond far less to anyone's posts. Those letters don't solve nor provide anything to us but a headache.

Re: Forum Posts

This delays the posts and has made me respond far less to anyone's posts.
Maybe that is the purpose - to delay and discourage posting.

I believe it keeps the automated spam programs out.

MikeM
. Mike ur right. It's done so computer generated spam programs can't post b/c they can't read the letters. It keeps Bravenet's servers & our puters safe. So we all have to deal with it.

exactly
MikeM
. Mike ur right. It's done so computer generated spam programs can't post b/c they can't read the letters. It keeps Bravenet's servers & our puters safe. So we all have to deal with it.

It really is a PITA. Often I hit "enter" instead of clicking on "post mst" and have to do the whole thing again. It sometimes times out and the msg is lost. Grrrrr!

More harm is done to your computer via your own web surfing than from reading this message board. Since those letters were added, the volume of interaction and posts on this forum has dropped tremendously.

Oh it only took me 4 times to get this msg to post!

Done It
More harm is done to your computer via your own web surfing than from reading this message board. Since those letters were added, the volume of interaction and posts on this forum has dropped tremendously.

Oh it only took me 4 times to get this msg to post!

That's terrible!

It's a minor inconvenience. If you run a forum with as much traffic as this, you have a major spam headache on your hands. A little of it might get through and get posted, but there is a huge amount that is caught and put in a spam folder that you never see. However, the admin gets it all and has to go through and confirm that it is indeed spam and then delete it off the server. That's why Jill turned the "captcha" feature on - just an FYI.

Minor inconvenience in the eyes of some people. I can say that I almost never post on this forum these days because of the hassle.

Hassle? 4 characters? Seriously?! How in the world do you cope with packing a vehicle, getting dogs ready, dealing with the weather and travel for a dog show then???

4 little keystrokes have kept you away? Well, maybe it's not such a bad thing...

Say what?
Hassle? 4 characters? Seriously?! How in the world do you cope with packing a vehicle, getting dogs ready, dealing with the weather and travel for a dog show then???

4 little keystrokes have kept you away? Well, maybe it's not such a bad thing...

Exactly..... I agree!

I am curious why the characters have to be scrambled/squiggly etc? Don't really care, it's not a big deal, just wondering. And 'cause my old eyes don't see so good no more......

Thanks in advance to any of you computer geeks out there!!

I'm not a computer geek, but; It is another layer of defence against SPAM software figuring out how to break through. If it were just a matter of "block" numbers and letters, software programs would eventually figure it out.

Mike