Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LQ Article Submission...

I think I may take the non professional interviews out. I want to keep it informational. Thanks for the ideas :) I'm a long ways off from wanting to Publish just want to know what I need to do to keep it within ethical limits :)

If you interviewed people, they ought to have been informed that your intention was to publish an article. This should have been done before you wrote the article. Now you should supply each of them a copy of your article for their review prior to publication, if they give you permission to do so. Also, a good grammar and spell check review by a proof reader would help your writing sound more professional. Not to be nasty about it, but the closing sentence from your post, combined with the other errors in your post, make it sound as though it was written by an eighth grader. "Like should I obtain permission to publish from the interviewees or are the citations good enough?"

No harm done :) I was hoping for an English teacher or professor to help me on this one. I know I have a completely different tone when I am talking to those I consider "friends" but in my paper I have a wider vocabulary spread. I just don't see a point in trying if there isn't a grade lol. I am a nursing major with a minor in nutrition not English.... There were several people including my old high school English teachers and my English Comp. II professor proof it before submitting it... I should add that it was an A paper Thank you for your input!!! Greatly appreciatiated!! I am toying with the idea right now of publishing, but I want to know what work goes into it first.