Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pro Plan Puppy

I am rural and get the pro plan from a feed store, they dont have any none shredded. maybe I will see if they can order it.
Pet Smart is over an hour away but I can look into picking up a few bags at a time.

Authority may not be the best but I was amazed at the difference, even in the smell.....what the heck was pro plan thinking???

Breeder
BDR
I don't know of any Labrador breeders that feed the shreds, either to adults or puppies.

Ditto on this. I can't imagine any breeder choosing the shreds, or recommending them to their puppy buyers. Try the Pro Plan Ch. and Rice ORIGINAL--NOT shreds or large breed....or you could even start them right out on Performance for similar results. I wouldn't use a store brand from Petsmart or any store brand, because what if your puppy buyers cannot get it? Pro Plan is available everywhere.

pups
I am rural and get the pro plan from a feed store, they dont have any none shredded. maybe I will see if they can order it.
Pet Smart is over an hour away but I can look into picking up a few bags at a time.

Authority may not be the best but I was amazed at the difference, even in the smell.....what the heck was pro plan thinking???

Breeder
BDR
I don't know of any Labrador breeders that feed the shreds, either to adults or puppies.

Ditto on this. I can't imagine any breeder choosing the shreds, or recommending them to their puppy buyers. Try the Pro Plan Ch. and Rice ORIGINAL--NOT shreds or large breed....or you could even start them right out on Performance for similar results. I wouldn't use a store brand from Petsmart or any store brand, because what if your puppy buyers cannot get it? Pro Plan is available everywhere.

You are better off going to the grocery store and buying Purina One Puppy food than using the shredded Pro Plan. Purina One is very close to Pro Plan.

It's too late now for Purina One. They have dreaded shredded and soy in all their products, even the salmon and large breed. I have one girl who came in on Purina One and always did best on it. Not so on the soy versions. I think that when this last bag of large breed adult is gone, she will be eating another brand. What a shame! Even in northern NJ, I have to drive a bit or special order to get the ProPlan All Life Stages, and no, Petco and Petsmart don't have it near me.