Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MBFS - breeder software

Has anyone else experienced poor customer service from Man's Best Friend Software company? They have the software, The Breeder's Standard. I see from the web site that the name of the company has changed to PedFast. Anyway, over the past 3 weeks I have called twice and left messages and e-mailed 3 times with no contact from them. I hate the thought of losing the data I've collected since 1997 when I first began using the software, but this is ridiculous.
Anyone love another kennel/breeding management software?
Thanks!

Re: MBFS - breeder software

Terrible service, Keri, I have had this softwear for years and bought an update about 18 months ago. I was livid when all the data in my orignal softwear would not transfer into the new program. I never did get the company to help me so I too am looking for something better, but hate losing all the info I put in the first program. Originally the staff was great, but not now.

They ripped me off some years ago too with their online database that they charged me twice for. Customer service was rude and they promised to refund my money, but after numerous phone calls I eventually gave up and ate the extra money.

They were having a big sale on the new version that just came out. I tried calling them once before Christmas, no answer. But never left a message and never emailed. A friend of mine was trying to get a hold of them. I will see if she was able to speak with someone. I forgot about it and decided didn't really need the new version.

Yes, terrible service here too and gave up on them a couple of years ago.

Question is, what are people using to track pedigrees that is reliable and relatively easy to use?

Thanks!

I use Breeder's Assistant. Works quite well and have been happy with it. They helped me import a large database some years ago from an old program (not theirs).

Thanks for the replies. I'm about at just moving on to another program.
I will look at Breeder's Assistant. Has anyone used ZooEasy or Canine Management Software?

We lost an employee and then had a death in the family. Please accept our apologies for service delays. We are getting on top of it now.

John Tamburo
CEO
PedFast Technologies

I have sent numerous (5) emails trying to get information from your company & no one is getting back to me. I need help with my registration key as it is not working on my new computer! Ihave been a customer since 2008 and do not want to lose my data. I am very frustrated!

I have replied to your post. I am having a medical condition myself and I am going back in hospital shortly to address it. I am sorry.

John, you always have an excuse, even several years after you screwed me. I'm sorry you are having medical issues, but if you are offering a product to the public you need to have adequate customer care - hire more people, in other words, or get out of the business.

I like the "Breed Mate" software from Australia. You can find online and I have never had a problem getting assistance.

I also lost TBS in my crash. I've been using this software since 2003, and while it did have it's problems, Kathi was always there to help get things up and running again. I hear that she has left.

I think I did manage to save my data base of dogs, but am wondering if anyone else has had any success in transferring their data bases from TBS into another program?

Also, when I began with TBS, another breeder was offering their own extensive data base to import into the program... is anyone else still doing that? I cannot even imagine having to input ALL of those dogs in again manually.

Do any of the techies out there have an answer?? I hope ;-)

-Jill

When I started using Breeder's Assistant, my old database (over 20,000 dogs) had been saved in comma-delimited form and the company helped me import the database. Worked very well and have been happy with it for the past 5 years or so.

John did respond to one of my inquiries before he went into surgery, which helped. I am still waiting to hear about the pedigree software now.

I am not familiar with the software, but if it has an export function, the data can then be re-formatted (through data mapping) to upload into any software that has an import function (and some that don't, depending on the underlying data structure).
I have done a considerable amount of data mapping and would be happy to help anyone out, once I can lift my laptop again.
This is not an advertisement, I'm not seeking any payment. It sounds like the kind of thing I enjoy doing.