Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GMC Acadia

Anyone out there have one of these and know how many crates fit? Thanks!

Re: GMC Acadia

I made the mistake of buying the Chevy Traverse, which I believe is the same car. I thought I could get two SUV Midwest Solutions crates in the back side by side. . . but the rounded opening of the hatch prevents that. So, In the back, you can fit a 36 inch crate and a 30 inch crate. In the middle, you can fit a 36 inch crate. It is as high as a Chevy Suburban and the dogs have trouble jumping in. Also, it has limited visibilty and it is hard to gauge where the sides are.

I rented one of these a couple of years ago, got it home to load crates and took it back to the rental agency and traded it for something else. I have narrow SUV type crates and still could only get 2 of them in and when they were in, I had no visibility out of the rear window. It is a nice SUV but not a good one for hauling dogs

Thank you both, this is exactly what I needed to hear and was afraid of. Good looking car but I though it was to curved in the back to do what I needed. Especially appreciate the heads up about the lack of visibilty.....that is important to me.