Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac questions

I just got my LQ and was reading the two page ad that the LRCP has for the show. I am confused as to who is judging what classes since I have heard one thing, but the ad says another. Can someone give me the right answer? Also, I wanted to bring my puppy to the match but I see that it is a fun match and according to the AKC only club members may participate in a fun match. Does anyone know for sure?

Re: Potomac questions

Perhaps you should refer to the club's website for the most up to date information. The information as to who is judging what seems quite clear. They also have a tentative schedule up so you can see what classes are being judged on which days.

The "fun" match is a sanctioned B match.

http://www.lrcp.com/

Why can't she contact the show chair or a board member instead of going to the website? There's already been enough changes.

OP contact whoever you feel will help you. You have the right to ask questions if there have been changes. They won't come on here with a name, they meaning any board member.

Email or phone whoever is in charge of the show with a list of questions. You don't need to decipher the LRCP website.

From the horse's mouth
Perhaps you should refer to the club's website for the most up to date information. The information as to who is judging what seems quite clear. They also have a tentative schedule up so you can see what classes are being judged on which days.

A "FUN Match" is NOT a Sanctioned Match. NOT Reading and understanding AKC rules is great way to have Club problems.

Here are the AKC rules directly from the AKC Match Regulations Booklet.

Section 1. Sanctioned Matches Defined.
A sanctioned match is an informal event at which neither Championship points nor credit toward an Agility, Rally, Obedience, or Tracking title are awarded. They are events at which dog clubs, judges, stewards, and exhibitors and their dogs gain experience needed for licensed events.

Section 2. Rules Applying To Dog Shows And
Obedience Regulations.
All of the Rules Applying to Dog Shows, and the Agility, Tracking, and Obedience/Rally Regulations will apply to sanctioned matches, except those which specifically make reference to licensed and member events and except where otherwise stated in these Regulations.

Section 3. Fun Matches.
A fun match is an informal dog event that is not approved by The American Kennel Club as a sanctioned match. These events are commonly held by clubs that are not on the records of The American Kennel Club as being eligible to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, agility or obedience/ rally trials. Once a club becomes eligible to hold AKC sanctioned matches, it may not conduct fun matches unless entries are restricted to members of the club. Any event for which the club solicits or accepts entries from non-members must be approved by AKC as a sanctioned match.

So is it a B Match? How was it registered with the AKC?
It obviously can't legally be a Fun Match going by the AKC rules.

Interesting
So is it a B Match? How was it registered with the AKC?
It obviously can't legally be a Fun Match going by the AKC rules.

Good god you people want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It states on the website it is a "Sanctioned B" match. You go to have FUN. It is supposed to be a "fun" match, if you can't have fun then don't go They have a pizza party afterwards to continue to have "fun" at.

Yes let's contact the board members over this so that we can take them away from their busy schedule of work, dogs and preparing for the greatest Labrador show in the world. I'm pretty sure that's why the website was created so that people can get information from there.

I'll be having FUN and PIZZA and my pup will be loving it all!!!

AKC Rules
From the horse's mouth

A "FUN Match" is NOT a Sanctioned Match. NOT Reading and understanding AKC rules is great way to have Club problems.

Here are the AKC rules directly from the AKC Match Regulations Booklet.

Section 1. Sanctioned Matches Defined.
A sanctioned match is an informal event at which neither Championship points nor credit toward an Agility, Rally, Obedience, or Tracking title are awarded. They are events at which dog clubs, judges, stewards, and exhibitors and their dogs gain experience needed for licensed events.

Section 2. Rules Applying To Dog Shows And
Obedience Regulations.
All of the Rules Applying to Dog Shows, and the Agility, Tracking, and Obedience/Rally Regulations will apply to sanctioned matches, except those which specifically make reference to licensed and member events and except where otherwise stated in these Regulations.

Section 3. Fun Matches.
A fun match is an informal dog event that is not approved by The American Kennel Club as a sanctioned match. These events are commonly held by clubs that are not on the records of The American Kennel Club as being eligible to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, agility or obedience/ rally trials. Once a club becomes eligible to hold AKC sanctioned matches, it may not conduct fun matches unless entries are restricted to members of the club. Any event for which the club solicits or accepts entries from non-members must be approved by AKC as a sanctioned match.

Do you know if it is illegal to have pups younger than 6 months at a sanctioned match? Most match shows I have been to offer classes for pups starting at 3 months. I was surprised to see the Potomac match only has classes starting at 6 months. But maybe they have no choice?