Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salty's historical win at Crufts!

I don't know this dog. I don't know his breeder. All I know is: He's an American bred Labrador,also a GBSHCH, and today he made Labrador history - he went BOB at Crufts!! No American bred Labrador has achieved what he did today.
I must say I find it rather odd - to say the least - that not ONE person (last time I looked) has commented the news. Even if you don't like this Labrador and/or his breeder - a nice "congratulations" would have been in place. Not everything is about Potomac...

Now, off my Swedish soapbox

Re: Salty's historical win at Crufts!

Hi Anki,

Indeed this is a very special and historical win for a lovely and deserving dog. I am not sure how long ago you posted, but I am just now logging on the board now and this is the first post I've seen. I don't think a lot of breeders use this forum like they used to. So be patient to see the amount of congrats that may or may not come in.

I usually don't post my congrats on here though. I prefer to send congrats personally where I can use my real name

Thank you for posting the winners and best of luck to Salty in the group.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS SUPER WIN, RELLY AMAZING, ALSO CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BREEDERS AND SHOW PEOPLE OF LABS IN CRUFT

Congratulations to Team Salty. (nm)

x

There are many congrats being said on Facebook, just seeing this here now. I think more people are using FB now to get information. But big congrats to Salty Dog and his breeder Linda Hess, what an amazing accomplishment! BOB at Crufts and Westminter both, that is one for the history books!

Congratulations!! Awesome news..
Salty is such a handsome DUDE!
Linda - you must be so very proud of your boy!
Congratulations!

Very big congratulations to CH Salty Dog of Tampa Bay JH. America is very proud of you

Group 2! Very nice, congrats.

Congrats to Salty and Linda our Florida champs! I have seen him many times in shows and he makes us proud. So many of his offspring in the ring now. Buzz you must be proud of your son.

Posted on FB & sent Linda an email - she is over there now and I doubt she'll read my email until she returns from England! Congrats to Linda & Salty

Re: Congratulations to Team Salty. (nm)

WOW!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that? Congratulations

A big congratulations to all winners, including Salty! Remember, the time difference.....a bunch of us just got off work!

Congratulations to Salty and Linda and family , as well as the Allen's, from papa "Buzz"!!!!!!! Buzz and I are so proud of you all! What an accomplishment!

Congratulations! a wonderful WIN!

I have been watching Salty and showing against him for 6 years now. In the ring I have always liked him. Nice mover shows beautifully. I think his show record speaks volumes! Westminster and Crufts two of the largest arenas (spectators) in the World for dog shows so maybe Salty is what a Lab is to be as the Standard explains....he is not a big boned, heavy coated, large headed, big keel kind of a Lab! I also do not think he has ever won a Specialty. Just some food for thought. Go Salty Dog!!! Congrats to Linda and crew. Way to represent!

Anki in Sweden
I don't know this dog. I don't know his breeder. All I know is: He's an American bred Labrador,also a GBSHCH, and today he made Labrador history - he went BOB at Crufts!! No American bred Labrador has achieved what he did today.
I must say I find it rather odd - to say the least - that not ONE person (last time I looked) has commented the news. Even if you don't like this Labrador and/or his breeder - a nice "congratulations" would have been in place. Not everything is about Potomac...

As many others have posted, work and kennel commitments might have kept us from either hearing the news and being able to comment.

Why would you make the assumption this dog or his breeder is disliked? Also, being told off by anyone on a soapbox is not met with the best regards. Why would you want to do this? It draws attention and makes you sound condescending.

And then to diss Potomac and those who like it is uncalled for as well.

Throw out your soapbox and join the ranks of the normal folks. I can assure you, we do not need to be scolded.

I think it is a huge accomplishment and my Congrats go out to Salty and all involved. I hardly ever come onto this site anymore so didn't see it until now. Facebook has taken over so much of the way we communicate anymore. Again, I have always loved this boy and such a major accomplishment.

Salty is my kind of labrador!!

Not true, he was BISS at Jersey Skylands, I believe two days in a row. Under British judges.

Aw, that is right! Thanks for the correction, as I said I was not sure, I just don't see him at many Specialties! Good job Salty!

Breeder
Not true, he was BISS at Jersey Skylands, I believe two days in a row. Under British judges.

If you quoted the poster, she said she 'didn't think' he won a specialty just as you 'believe two days in a row'. 'Believe and think' aren't absolute comments for anyone.

Do you recall what year he won BISS at the JSLRC. NM, I'll find it.

http://www.jslrc.com/Results2008SatSpecialty.htm

Anki in Sweden

Anki is not entirely wrong no matter what a few say. JMHO. Those of us that are Americans on this board she be pleased as punch. I watch some knocking of our dogs by certain breeders from a certain country on Face Book and I bite my tongue. An American dog just beat out every dog at Crufts, be proud of the dog and owner bred and born in the United States of America.

I am. Congratulations Salty and owners.

Nice to see an athletic dog with field credentials represent USA so successfully. According to a poster on a dog training forum, Salty's field trainer really likes him, too, and would like to see him back in training, presumably for the SH. I hope he does it!

A HUGE congratulations to one of our USA dogs!!!! Congratulations to Team Salty at Crufts!!! We are VERY proud of this win!

Where do you find dog info on FB? I am a total newbie to FB and I can't figure out how to find anything except people.

--thanks!

FB-newbie: There are numerous Labrador related groups and pages on FB. Do a search with the word Labrador and see what comes up:-)