Comment
THERE ARE ROOMS AVAILABLE AT HOST HOTEL

(301) 694-7500 ask for Susie

Re: THERE ARE ROOMS AVAILABLE AT HOST HOTEL

What host hotel?

Do you really have to ask????

As for the Club Rate and u might get it. Otherwise you'll pay $200 or more plus tax.

Breeder
Do you really have to ask????

You must mean Dallas Fort Worth.

I booked 5 minutes away from the Host Hotel , and am paying $75 a night. And it is a BIG room , not a closet size !

First the hotel is SOLD OUT. It says that everywhere on each and every document from the club/supt.

Then there are rooms, then sold out, then more rooms.

It is positively frustrating for exhibitors bringing several dogs a very long way to this show and not have a clear answer.

What gives? Are people hoarding rooms then when their friends cannot make it, they relinquish those rooms?

I think it is people who were planning on going originally, and then something in their life came up and now they can't go. Would you rather this information was never posted? We are trying to update people as things happen. Sometimes you have to go with the flow.

Potomac bound
First the hotel is SOLD OUT. It says that everywhere on each and every document from the club/supt.

Then there are rooms, then sold out, then more rooms.

It is positively frustrating for exhibitors bringing several dogs a very long way to this show and not have a clear answer.

What gives? Are people hoarding rooms then when their friends cannot make it, they relinquish those rooms?

The room hoarding happens every year because the hotel manager allows those that reward her to do so.

This year has been different. For host hotel rooms to show up available on the internet a few weeks before The Potomac is a 1st. I always check just in case and have never seen them available. A few rooms always become available in the last 5 days, from the hoarders cancelling. The hotel charges much more for those rooms unless you were on a waiting list for months. I overheard the manager giving prices over $200 a few years ago and was hysterical laughing about it after the party hung up the phone. $229 plus taxes was the price I heard quoted.

This year is different. Either a ton of rooms were hoarded and released or people cancelled due to the economy, the split venue or both. Only they know for sure.

I know quite a few people that are not going, last minute decisions for various reasons,split venue is one of them. I think quite a few people were not willing to pay the airfare that some of the airlines are charging and when you think about it, $150 a night for the host hotel is not a good deal at all. They set the price, not LRCP, but more and more people are finding nice rooms elsewhere for a lot less money