Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Issues w/ Diamond foods OTHER than L & R?

Has anyone who feeds a food made by Diamond that isn't lamb/rice experienced any problems with their dogs? My crew hasn't had any issues with the Naturals chicken and rice and I do think the food I purchased was made in the South Carolina plant based on the production code. However, I have been reading commentary online from many suspecting chicken and rice may also be affected saying their dogs are sick.

Re: Issues w/ Diamond foods OTHER than L & R?

There were NO SICK DOGS, this was a VOLUNTARY recall of the L&R by Diamond because of a POSSIBLE contamination!
NO ONE got sick!
My dogs eat the C&R and will continue to do so.

I got food last Wednesday at TSC. The manager said there was a recall on the Lamb and rice, but the other formulas are ok. I feed performance and 60+ large breed chicken and rice. I bough 3 bags. No sick dogs, but keeping a close eye.

My crew has been eating Diamond chicken and rice for a few years.

As above stated it was a volunteer recall, just in case one of the ingredients used may have been tainted from the human recall months before.

I was told by the feed store that I get my food from that there is not going to be any delivery of any Diamond products. It seems that they have closed the SC plant and the MO plant is still open. They said they are building a new plant in Iowa, which will make food for the west coast the the MO plant will make food for the east coast. Last week they were 30 trucks behind on delivery. Has anyone else heard this?
This is on all products that Diamonds makes

Breeder
I was told by the feed store that I get my food from that there is not going to be any delivery of any Diamond products. It seems that they have closed the SC plant and the MO plant is still open. They said they are building a new plant in Iowa, which will make food for the west coast the the MO plant will make food for the east coast. Last week they were 30 trucks behind on delivery. Has anyone else heard this?
This is on all products that Diamonds makes

I've heard nothing like that. I wouldn't bank on the word of one feed store. Maybe speaking to Diamond itself is the best way to get accurate information.

I use a Diamond C & R product. It has not been affected from what I can see.

I heard today that the 4-Health line is not going to be delivered for at least 3-4 weeks on the east coast. Well that pretty much makes me lose all faith in this Diamond company...how many x do we give them a chance to keep their noses clean and do right by our animals and us too! Why do good food brands sell out to Diamond and let their good name be dragged down? What is the point in developing high end foods and then selling them only to see them be sabotaged??? Our country seriously needs to rethink itself.

A friend's older Lab is having severe vomiting and diarrhea since yesterday and she's on the 4-Health Chicken and Rice Adult. Don't know if there's a connection or not.

Diamond has THREE other plants in the US and has already started fulfilling orders to distributors from those plants that were serviced by the SC facility. Production was halted at the SC plant when an issue was noted with the Lamb & Rice- this is the ONLY food that had any issue whatsoever, so please folks, quit making this a witch hunt as several other dog food manufacturers have had similar issues over the years.

My dogs have been on Canidae ALS as well as Chicken & Rice and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Have noticed that inventory has dwindled at my supplier, but not off the shelves entirely. Love what the food does for my dogs! Great coat, clear eyes & ears, perfect stool, and no issues with weight if I feed appropriate portions.

There are NO sick dogs. I'm going to continue to feed Diamond L&R and Diamond C&R. My local gets from MO plant.

My kennel food is Diamond Naturals and I've seen no ill effects. My supplier (TSC) has not had late deliveries or backorders either. I do agree, Diamond has recovered from a severe blow to their reputation and should do it's best to keep up the good work.

Feed Extreme Athlete which I get from Pet Supplies Plus. All is well here.

our supplier said they are double checking all foods and formulas just for safety and releasing them for delivery as they clear.
I will continue to feed Diamond C & R as well, would rather deal with a company that cares enough to stop before something is really wrong.

Not a "problem" per say, but I got my first bag of Nature's Domain, made at the Diamond plant and the kibbles are 'different'. They're bigger and of a different shape. Dogs devoured them the same.

My boys have been on both the C&R (Kirkland brand version) and Nature's Domain (also purchased at Costco) for several months with no problems whatsoever. Like R.T. posted above, my boys devoured the Nature's Domain in nano-seconds. Stools are firm with no discoloration, clear eyes, shiny coats and no vomiting. Just a happy, healthy crew. Hope this helps.

Going out tonight to restock on my diamond naturals and TOTW :)