Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Healing head scar on puppy

My pup has a small scar on her head. First it was a blood blister that stayed 4 weeks(I think from playing with other keeper pup) that was hardening, so I took a razor blade and removed it. Vet said that is what she would have done. Vet lasered the spot which helped take out the redness and made it smaller. Now it is about the size of a little paper remnant from a hole punch. I am applying zinc ointment but wonder is there anything else I can do. It's just up above the center of the eyes, small but noticeable :(

I'm thinking of having it lasered again, but wonder if there are other ideas.

Re: Healing head scar on puppy

I am usually in favor of leaving things alone, unless nec. Wait and see what it looks like when time to show.

Vitamin E is usually pretty good for healing scars on people, anyway - haven't tried it on a dog, but can't see how it could hurt.

You poke a small hole in the capsule, squeeze out a couple drops and rub it into the scar.

You can buy bottle of liquid Vitamin E (70,000). It works great. Used it on a puppy with scars from strangles and they are now completely gone. Apply two to three times a day.