Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Using Mintube-Distance(Australia) and Success

I am helping do some research for a breeder in another breed where a stud dog is in Australia and the bitch owner on the North American continent. Said dog does have frozen avaialable that can be shipped however its certainly not for the faint of heart cost wise. They do offer fresh chilled service. Knowing how well Lab peeps are with shipping fresh chilled and when using a product like Minitube, I am thinking that fresh chilled might be just as good a idea for this breeder. I know its all in the handling of the semen at the stud dog owners end and then the timing with the bitch at this end but if anyone would care to comment on any success they have had OR OR if they know if there are still group frozen shipments that come to North America from Australia, I would be glad to hear about it. The dog this person is looking at was in the US for six months however, never frozen down and stored here. Thanks!

Re: Using Mintube-Distance(Australia) and Success

Kim, I use Chill 10 almost exclusively but your friend needs to check the laws first. Shipping from the USA to Australia must be done by a repro vet and there are very specific laws that have to be followed. Rabies, generational pedigree, brucellosis has to be given and it's all with frozen. We can't send fresh to Australia that I know of. I dont know what the laws are from Australia to us but you can google them.

Kim/Pirate
I am helping do some research for a breeder in another breed where a stud dog is in Australia and the bitch owner on the North American continent. Said dog does have frozen avaialable that can be shipped however its certainly not for the faint of heart cost wise. They do offer fresh chilled service. Knowing how well Lab peeps are with shipping fresh chilled and when using a product like Minitube, I am thinking that fresh chilled might be just as good a idea for this breeder. I know its all in the handling of the semen at the stud dog owners end and then the timing with the bitch at this end but if anyone would care to comment on any success they have had OR OR if they know if there are still group frozen shipments that come to North America from Australia, I would be glad to hear about it. The dog this person is looking at was in the US for six months however, never frozen down and stored here. Thanks!

Re: Using Mintube-Distance(Australia) and Success

Wow, had no idea! Thanks for answering and here I just assumed it would be all very much 'easy as pie' to do the fresh chilled. Well more exploring to do and again, thanks!