Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glucosamine and Dysplasia

Has anyone heard of glucoamine being beneficial to puppies in helping their hip development? I know it can be used to help with hip dysplasia but I wonder if there is any benefit in giving it to young pups. Maybe it is even a bad idea to give to young pups? Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Re: Glucosamine and Dysplasia

Wondering
Has anyone heard of glucoamine being beneficial to puppies in helping their hip development? I know it can be used to help with hip dysplasia but I wonder if there is any benefit in giving it to young pups. Maybe it is even a bad idea to give to young pups? Does anyone have any information regarding this?

I think it can help in overall joint health, but I don't believe it will PREVENT anything.

Re: Glucosamine and Dysplasia

Several years ago a nutritionist that I talked to at a major vet hospital - suggested to use Cosequin for growing puppies - that it would help to maintain a healthy joint - used along with a food with low calcium and the correct calcium/phos ratio to create a balance and even level of cell growth in the joint