Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Entry fees, hotel bills and gas

I think alot depends on how many local Specialty or AB shows you have in driving distance to come home the same day. If driving distances, staying in hotels and eating all meals out, it's pricie. Some shows are insanely high in all costs.

Another reason for high costs are handlers and the cost of entry fees at certain shows. The Potomac entries compared to Dallas Fort Worth were ridiculously high. DFW gave a discount for additional entries. The Potomac gave nothin in discounts and charged hefty fees for the match. I wonder if they made the mere $100 this year as other years or if they actually lost money this year.

Clubs that know how to run shows can keep our expensives and theirs down. DFW did a great job of it this year and put on a lovely show.

I spend at least $2500 for The Potomac, the hotel bill being the big chunkster expense and only about $550 for the National. The hotel was $69 in CONN and I split it with a friend. . I could go to almost 5 Nationals for 1 Potomac. That doesn't make sensce to me.

That's my own opinion but quite valid to me.

BTW, I have an extra day on my credit card for The Potomac that they still haven't taken off from the inital deposit I assumme. I contacted my credit card company and told them to get it off my bill pronto as HI in Frederick has not been helpful. Has anyone else had the same problem with Holiday Inn extra day on their bill and how much was your daily total with tax? TIA.