Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB FOLLOW LRC

I'm excited to announce that ssllrc will follow the lrc national at Purina Farms in October. All shows will be inside!

Re: SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB FOLLOW LRC

Judges?

WHY inside???????? Such great outdoor show grounds.

Something else going on outdoors that weekend and they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Just not the same having stuff indoors, when it is possible to have outdoors.

It wasn't possible to have it outdoors - this is a different weekend than the usual SSLLRC show weekend, so the outdoor venue was already taken.

When it's pouring rain or freezing we'll all appreciate the indoors! Love Purina Farms - plenty of space to set up and exercise your dogs.

Not a fan of indoor shows no matter what the weather. Dang it.

3 specialties one venue.

Indoors?? What a shame. I don't go to indoor shows. Hate them.

I think the majority of us had already known the SSLLRC was following the National. That news spread long ago.

Seriously, I think folks are more interested to know your judges! We know who the judges are for the National. Unless SSLLRC has a panel that truly interests me I won't be going to either show, and it got even more difficult to convince me to attend both shows now knowing that all judging is indoors.

Please post the SSLLRC judges... I think that information would be far more helpful for those of use who need to book vacation days with our employers.

I'll look forward to the comfort of showing indoors! I've been to plenty of freezing cold, wet, blistering hot, and dusty shows thank you very much. I'm going to try to go to the National and these shows! I bet it's just one disgruntled person with a personal agenda that is making all the outdoors comments. I wouldn't even blink at them.

Being inside the beautiful Purina Event Center for our specialty this year makes me SMILE!! No driving rain, no howling wind, no mud puddles, no kidding!

I'll repeat what others have asked: Who are the judges for your specialty?
The answer to that question will have a far greater impact on my plans than whether it is indoors or out.

Nancy Boyle
I'll look forward to the comfort of showing indoors! I've been to plenty of freezing cold, wet, blistering hot, and dusty shows thank you very much. I'm going to try to go to the National and these shows! I bet it's just one disgruntled person with a personal agenda that is making all the outdoors comments. I wouldn't even blink at them.

You are a riot. What personal agenda could someone have? Can't think of a thing! Some people hate indoor shows. Especially Labrador specialties. They belong outside, regardless of weather. No agenda. Just a preference.

Breeder

You are a riot. What personal agenda could someone have? Can't think of a thing! Some people hate indoor shows. Especially Labrador specialties. They belong outside, regardless of weather. No agenda. Just a preference.

While I agree that I prefer being outside, unless you have seen the new Purina Exhibition Center, you should probably withhold judgement. It was designed and built specifically for dog shows - the flooring is unique, no mats needed - it's kind of like some of the artificial floors in gyms, soft, but not too much. Lighting is great (my biggest beef with indoor shows) and plenty of room for exhibitors and spectators. Plus I do look forward to not being exhausted from sitting out in sun/wind/rain for several days. Come and see the new building!

No Thanks. My sporting dog belongs outside and looks better outside and shows better outside. I'll sit this one out. Funds are low this year anyway.
No this is not the preference of one person.

I checked the AKC site and the judges have not been approved at this time so that could be why no one is answering the question about judges.

It would have to be a great panel for me to drive that far and show indoors - definitely not a fan of inddor shows.

So why isn't there a huge uproar every year when Raleigh-Durham is indoors?

Breeder
So why isn't there a huge uproar every year when Raleigh-Durham is indoors?

I think you mean Piedmont.

Indoors or outdoors, if the judges are good and dogs are in coat, I'll be there.

Raleigh-Durham is always outdoors.....
Piedmont is always in-doors......
Coastal is always outdoors.....
The object is to go and have fun regardless of being in or out

Prefer outdoor shows but the judges are the most important thing in making a decision to enter a show. With the cost of entries, gas, motels, etc. I want to know I'll have at least a chance to win.

Just Me Two
Prefer outdoor shows but the judges are the most important thing in making a decision to enter a show. With the cost of entries, gas, motels, etc. I want to know I'll have at least a chance to win.

Shows a lot about some people in bench shows it depends on the judges? I think a few of you guys really need to look at why you show and breed dogs indoor or outdoor who cares. I need to know the Judges? It all seems political B.S. if you care who the judges are. Get real people.

I go to specialties to see the dogs and see my friends. Can do that indoors or outdoors!! Chances of winning at a good specialty are slim - shouldn't be the reason you go!!

I said I want there to be a "chance" to win. I want to know the judge likes my "style" of labrador. Yes, I like to see my friends and the dogs but I always feel much better if I come home with some kind of ribbon. We all know there are judges who like certain "styles". Geesh, give me a break.

(quote)
Shows a lot about some people in bench shows it depends on the judges? I think a few of you guys really need to look at why you show and breed dogs indoor or outdoor who cares. I need to know the Judges? It all seems political B.S. if you care who the judges are. Get real people.[/quote]

This show would involve some travel for me, so, yes, who the judges are will help determine my plans. Believe it or not, there are some judges out there for whom I would prefer to stay home. But feel free to spend YOUR money indiscriminately. Really.