Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just info about of danger for dogs in chinese city may 2012

http://www.ministryoftofu.com/2012/04/dog-owners-irate-tearful-over-harbins-crackdown-on-large-dogs/ mostly text and no shocking fotos but info good to know...ritva

Re: just info about of danger for dogs in chinese city may 2012

Ritva, This is so sad. My heart aches for the dogs.

YES DEARS, BUT A LOT HAS BEEN DONE AND A LOT OF DOGS, INCLUDING LABRADORS RECENTLY MORE AND MORE AMONG THE RESCUED MEAT DOG TRANSPORTS, in thailand, china, south korea, philippines, vietnam....you name it. my heart went to the rescue and informing new year 2009 as my wonderful friends at animalsasia jill robinsson and her crew of moon bear rescuers saved the 149 dogs on their way to the illegal slaughter house...the chocolate labrador male among them was my image i´ll never forget...he didn´t make it but died in loving arms not slaughter house.
i´m able to follow the trade, as i suffer, but the dogs suffer most. so many of the dogs stolen, abandoned pets, as meat dog mafia is dangerous and effective. one has to be very careful when sending one´s dogs to asia, however great kennels??? how safe are the lives of the progeny many as status symbols...for life??? secure??? its everyones personal choice and how a breeder lives with it. i couldn´t...as an old stewardess flying around for 34 years, loving walking days long around i do see more than someone visiting and shown around by locals...just wanting to give updates what happens....1000 of dogs are daily transported from thailand to vietnam to the slaughter houses...some transprts rescued though. ritva

I just can't believe they would take your pet like that. I had heard that Chinese eat dogs but this is unreal. I didn't believe it. What a horrible bunch of people to pass a law like that and eat the dogs.

Thank you, Ritva for all the work you do for the dogs. An Asian country is the last place I would ever send a dog. I know breeders here in the USA do it, but how they can with a clear conscience is beyond me. It is common knowledge and has been that they do, in fact, kill and eat dogs in Asia. Horrible.

This is terrible. But what can be done by us besides feeling bad?

Concerned
This is terrible. But what can be done by us besides feeling bad?

First and foremost, do not send your dogs there. It doesn't matter if the breeder sounds caring and reputable and has the $$$ it takes to buy and transport. As long as they reside in a country that eats dogs why would anyone take the chance? I think helping to get the word out what goes on there and folks like Ritva who stay on it working with rescue and keeping us informed is a step in the right direction. I'm so incensed by it I wouldn't even consider traveling to an Asian country without my dogs! Barbaric and primitive.