Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Congratulations Keystone Labrador Retriever Club - Great show!!!

Wow!!! - For those of you that did not attend the Keystone Labrador Retriever Club supported entry today at the Bucks County KC show at Tinicum State Park (near Upper Black Eddy, PA) ... You missed a fabulous event!

The club members did a fantastic job and put on a beautiful spread of food (breakfast and lunch) for the exhibitors that was absolutely delicious!!! Really, the food was, as Rachel Ray would say, Yummo! The club also had a great raffle table with wonderful items. Finally, the trophies for the winners were stunning Waterford crystal pieces that will provide memories for a lifetime. Just beautiful!

If you didn't attend this "major" show this year... I would put this event on your list of staple shows for next year and years to come. I know I will attend every year!

Kudos to you Keystone LRC members you really did a phenomenal job. Thank you for all of your hard work!!!

Best,
Michael Silva
Shadowbrook Labradors
at Spring Dell Farm

Re: Congratulations Keystone Labrador Retriever Club - Great show!!!

If you happen to have them, Mike, they would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

I also would like to thank the members of the Keystone Labrador Retriever Club for putting together a wonderful show. Everything was great. What a nice enjoyable day.

And I would like to thank them for also including Obedience in their event by offering special prizes for Labs competing in the Obedience classes!

Had a great time! Good job! OH and I LOVE my raffle winnings

http://www.infodog.com/RESULTS/2012081801/201208180113200.HTM

Special congrats to Alexis & "Tye" (DOSTAFF'S BLACK TIE REQUIRED) who are a beautiful team!

Annette P.
And I would like to thank them for also including Obedience in their event by offering special prizes for Labs competing in the Obedience classes!
I am far from the show so I decided to wait n sèe how the 1 St show went. I'm upset with myself. I went by how the Big P split was done this year being perfectly honest & was gun shy. They do have beautiful obedience trophies but I never saw them distributed this year for the 1 St time.

Wèll, it sounds as if the shiney new Keystone Club outdid them by including obedience! and getting great reviews here and word of mouth. :-) I will make the long ride in 2013 if not befour if there`s any other shows in 2012.

Cheers to many successful years and shows ahead of you Keystone and Kudos for a wonderful 1 st Show!

Very well said, Michael! I agree 100%. I will definitely put this show on my calendar to attend every year.

The club members made you feel so welcomed, thanks so much for all your hard work!

Kudos to Keystone LRC!

Totally agree. Keystone did a wonderful job and everyone LOVED the complimentary lunch and terrific raffle prizes. The show site is at a beautiful park at the base of a Mountain ridge along the Delaware River. Lots of room to potty the dogs. I hope the club stays at this site, it is definately one to add to your show schedule!

Congrats to the Club on what sounds like an extremely successful show .. I did want to attend, unfortunately my dogs were not able to show to Diane (handler/client conflict) and as a result did not enter. Will certainly be there next year!

Well done to all the winners ..

THANK YOU to EVERYONE who came to the show yesterday! We are proud of our young club and SO appreciate all these nice reviews. Our members were out in force welcoming exhibtors, our committees wanted all to enjoy the day!

We would love for all to come to our events in the future. We are having an OB/Rally Show and Go on July 21st at the K9 Jym in Colmar, PA (near Montgomeryville). If you participated previously, you will get an e-mail from our chair. Or you can contact Karen Vare at svare@comcast.net for more information.

This match is the week before a national qualifying event and you can have as many runs as you want!!

We will do everything we can to make our next Breed event another winner! Look for information on our website (which right now is being revised and is down), keystonelrc.com. We will be back at Bucks next year! As soon as we have judge info, we will post it here.

Not on Infodog yet so here they are:

Best in Sweeps - Paradigm Scribble

Best Of Opposite In Sweeps - Forestwood's Undeniable Elroy

WD/BOW - Dostaff's Black Tie Required

WB - Shadowbrook's Meant To Be At Springdell Farm

BOB - GCH Casbars Heart To Heart

BOS - Ch. Minefall's J-Lo

I apologize I do not remember who was Best Veteran in Sweeps or the Selects, so maybe someone else could fill those in. Was a nice show, great prizes and hospitality!

Congrats to all!

Who was the original judge that was scheduled?

Diane Pilbin was the original judge Sue Willumsen filled in when Diane couldn't do it.

I just saw the results and noticed that the best in sweeps puppy was absent from he regular class. I thought it was a rule you had to be in regular to compete in sweeps?
How can this be?

You have to be entered, but don't have to show.

Not Required...
You have to be entered, but don't have to show.

Is "Absent due to judge change" the same as being entered and not showing? The entry money was refunded, so no idea if that's correct or not.

The breeder of the best in sweeps puppy has been around and probably knows the akc rules. It's probably an error

The premium says you have to be entered in a regular class to enter sweepstakes. The dogs were entered in both. Because of an unforseable event there was a last minute judging change. It is no different than scratching a dog that has been entered, you just are entitled to a refund. I guess if you have a burning need to know you can call MBF, but honestly who really cares? Dancing With The Stars is on I think and is much more interesting then who didn't take a dog in the ring.

Actually, if an entry is *withdrawn* prior to judging, as the AJC indicates, it is considered as if there had been no entry and any fees paid to the superintendent are returned to the person making the entry. So the sweepstakes entry stands alone as the only entry of that dog as there was no regular class entry. It might be a *fleckle* on the DWS judges' scorecard for the Viennese Waltz, but it counts for the performance.

Re: Subject closed.

Wow, it's just great to have friends call me up to advise getting back on this forum before the "normal bunch of pot stirrers" blow this situation up all out of control. Yes I pulled just one of my three entries prior to the start of the show, my puppy which won Best In Sweeps was NOT previous pulled. I am well aware of the AKC rule which prohibits this and I have the email correspondence with MBF about this matter. The catalog was marked incorrectly. End of discussion.

Re: Subject closed.

...people really have nothing better to do with their time. Imagine the quality of dog we would see if people put this much effort into their dogs and stopped worrying about what others are doing with theirs.