Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac critiques

Has anyone seen any Potomac critiques? Are they done yet?

Re: Potomac critiques

patiently waiting
Has anyone seen any Potomac critiques? Are they done yet?
Did the show committee ask for critiques from all the judges? If not, we won't see any.

Does any1 know if critiques were requested or should some1 email the judges maybe and ask them? TIA.

It would be terrible if the largest Lab specialty had no critiques for those in the ribbons or winners.

It take TIME for the judges to go over their notes and write out the cirtiques. Most of them work outside of judging so it is done in any spare time they might have.

I have been a Show Chair/Part of the Committee and usually it takes at least 2 months to get them all in. You usually wait until all judges have them in before publishing them.

It has just been one month since the show, and I am sure they will be published as soon as available.

Be Patient!
It take TIME for the judges to go over their notes and write out the cirtiques. Most of them work outside of judging so it is done in any spare time they might have.

I have been a Show Chair/Part of the Committee and usually it takes at least 2 months to get them all in. You usually wait until all judges have them in before publishing them.

It has just been one month since the show, and I am sure they will be published as soon as available.

I think the history of critiques for the Potomac Spring Specialty is the reason for some of the questions being asked. In certain years, they never appeared and in other years they were quite enjoyable for all to read.

I understand what you're saying but it appears you're not part of the club being asked. The question is if I'm understanding it correctly, will there be critiques at all? If judges aren't asked to do them, most won't.

No one wants to sit and wait for nothing. If they were asked then it will come throuhg eventually. Good deal. If they were not asked then there will be no critiques. A simple reply from someone on the Potomac show commiittee would resolve the questioners.

I too would appreciate a simple response. I have been waiting in hopes there would be critiques this year and if I'm waiting for nothing, would love to know. If someone from the club would simply answer and let us know it would be so appreciated. TIA

The judges all did critiques and took photos of all FOUR placements in every class. With nearly 1000 dogs judged, it will take time. For those of you demanding and acting like it is a club conspiracy if there are no critiques, just relax and be patient. I would like to see them, but if not, I am fine with that too.

FB
The judges all did critiques and took photos of all FOUR placements in every class. With nearly 1000 dogs judged, it will take time. For those of you demanding and acting like it is a club conspiracy if there are no critiques, just relax and be patient. I would like to see them, but if not, I am fine with that too.
Are you a representative of the Potomac club? If so, what an arrogant bully you come across as in your post. I did not see anyone "demand" anything or accuse any type of conspiracy....but then, I also have not seen any reply from the Potomac club on most questions which have been posted on this forum. People are entitled to their opinions, and can post them on here. Too bad if you don't happen to like what other people say.
As to any critiques, we'll just have to wait and see since the Potomac club has not said anything about them. And for what it's worth, there were no pictures taken of the placemens in my class at Potomac.

If you were at the show, you would have seen the judges do critiques on the dogs - and yes, taking pictures of their placements. I'm assuming they'll show up at some point either in the LQ or on the Potomac website. It's possible the club never asked the judges for them, so they were written, but just kept by the judges. I wish they would show up, though as I'd love to read my boy's critique for winning his class!

FB

How come I didn't see that happen? I had a dog in a top placement that I handled. You're quite mistaken FB.

Not FB, but the regular judges did critiques - not sure about the sweeps judges.

Breeder
Not FB, but the regular judges did critiques - not sure about the sweeps judges.

You are correct Breeder, it was only in the regular classes. I had multiple class winners in dogs and bitches and each time we were taken to the center of the ring as the judges wrote their critique and took pictures. I also had sweeps class winners/placements and do not recall those judges doing a critique.

If you got a placement, the judge liked your dog.

Still waiting, too...but not expecting too much.

I happen to know that at least one of the judges has sent the critiques.

I knowpeople have been posting judges critiques on FB---where did you see them posted?