Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy with white (pics)

I posted about this little darling when she was born because she had white on her chin, white tip on her tail and lots of white on her chest (plus big bolos on all paws) and I was interesting in experience from other breeders. Well the white on her tail vanished, white on her chin is fading, white still between her toes and she still has white on her chest. I am thinking the white on her chest may still be to much for her to be shown but can I be incorrect to assume this? Is it possible the white area may become smaller as she grows and be acceptable? Any experience/ opinions welcome!

Photobucket
Above is not a great picture, but it shows the amount of white on her chest.

Photobucket
Little cutie stacked at 7wks, with cream cheese all over her face lol

Re: Puppy with white (pics)

Oops... I meant I was interested in the opinions of other breeders. My main question: Would you run on a puppy with a white spot this large, at this age? She is 3 months old right now (first picture is recent).

Anyone have experience with a puppy with this large of a white spot, being shown at 6 months? Opinions?!

Thats a bit much for me. I wouldn't keep that one. I don't mind a little white but thats more than a little in my opinion.

She's a very promising pup. I do believe that white will get less and less as she continues to grow. I've seen a prominent kennel show a puppy with just as much white and he always seem to place in his classes. It does not bother me in the least at this age.

I have a male pup that I kept that had a bit less white on his chest when whelped. He now has just a few hairs at six months, that I am sure that by the time he is ready to show, will be gone, or at least not noticeable. I am more of a performance oriented person, but if Flint turns out as handsome as I think he will, I may have to dabble in AKC conformation (I do UKC...and no I do not wish to debate the virtues of that venue).

So, all else considered, keep her and see what happens!

Yes I have had a pup or two with this much white and yes by the time they go through their 1st coat change it will be barely noticable. If she is as nice as her pictures, I would not let that bother me.

I would definitely run on her, most of her white looks like a line and I would bet that will disappear or just be a couple hairs you won't even notice. Cute pup, good luck with her

I can't see the pictures

I have a girl I kept with that much white. It never changed. I showed her once as a puppy.

Thanks everyone