Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fly spray help

the fly I have been using for years is no longer effective on my dogs. It is a water base formula. I think it is broncho.

Can someone please tell me a safe formula that is effective

thanks

Re: fly spray help

Absorbine Ultra Shield or Endure- both are safe for the dogs and have sunscreen in them as well.

We also like Repel XP and Swat - works for the horses and dogs.

Our flies eat right through Swat. But Adams Flea Mist on ears, down the back and legs every other day keeps everyone happy.

Whup a Bug is all natural, works great on dogs/horses, smells great!! Only problem is that it is a bit oily so it might not be good for dogs that get up on furniture!! And, it's on the expensive side, but you use less and less frequently. It's probably 2x what you pay for Bronco.

I love Deo-Lotion......it is an all natrual repellant that is made from cedar oil, cloves, pepperment and eucalyptus. I buy the concentrated kind and mix it as strong as needed.....usually 7 parts water to 1 part lotion is enough. I spray the dogs and myself when we are out for walks....it smells great and does not leave any oily residue on the dogs. I carry a small spray bottle of it in my pocket and give a mist of it if the gnats are really bad.

I am using something I used yrs ago when I was in WV Avon makes a product I am sure we all have heard of ...skin so soft well skin so soft now has an insect repellent with sun screen comes in a spray and a pump and works great smells nice too dogs don't mind it. for use on people and pets