Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac 2013

Does anyone know the dates for Potomac 2013? Time to think about reserving vacation dates!

Re: Potomac 2013

Breeder
Does anyone know the dates for Potomac 2013? Time to think about reserving vacation dates!

Week of April 10th

I am already in the parking lot with my cones out! Where is everybody!

Seriously ...
I am already in the parking lot with my cones out! Where is everybody!

There and gone now waiting for 2014

Breeder

Have fun, I found other ways to have fun and not in Fredrick Maryland. After 2 decades I'm going to Hawaii instead. I'm not waiting to see if the venue is split or if there will be judge critiques or politcal judging. It's become just another show but longer and more costly.

I just don't care about it anymore. Spending our money on the home, a new car and vacations. I'm too old for the baby crap there.

I just don't care about it anymore. Spending our money on the home, a new car and vacations. I'm too old for the baby crap there.
[/quote]

It's sad that you feel this way and maybe such a cynical response will spoil the whole thing for folks who love the hype, companionship and sheer joy of witnessing the biggest single breed show in the world. Not everyone has the opportunity to visit every year and it is a real adventure for a person like me who lives on the other side of the world.

I have been to Crufts, to a number of specialties in England & Scotland & Australia, I've been to specialties in USA and to all breed shows in UK, USA & of course here in Australia. I have been to the Eukanuba International & accompanying shows. I have had the pleasure of judging in Australia (most states), UK and USA.

Nothing, I repeat nothing was better than my one visit to Potomac. Given the choice of all of the above, Potomac wins every time.

Just saying