Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
more recalls

Food manufactured by Diamond in August of 2011 is also recalled.
http://www.diamondpet.com/information/
Also:
Go to www.truthaboutpetfood.com to yesterday's late recall or click on website link below.
Once again, it was a late Friday "dump and run" missive. I was even checking FDA on Friday afternoons looking for the "run away for the weekend" recalls. This isn't up on FDA yet, as it was late when it was recalled. In summary, foods manufactured by Diamond in August and food manufactured between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 are recalled. That is more months of production than not. Maybe they just didn't get caught on the other months, yet.

I also spoke with another Lab breeder feeding the regular Wellness Just for Puppy, with vet-puzzling diarrhea problems that resolved when she switched off Diamond-made foods. This is NOT recalled (yet?), but the burned child dreads the fire. Her experiences echo mine.

As far as I am concerned, if it might have been made there in SC or anywhere else Diamond oversees, it is a food I don't want to feed my dogs. I don't want to endanger the dogs or the humans associating with them. I wouldn't even want to think about the liability if a puppy made a puppy buyer's child sick.