Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frontline Ingested!

Please help -- while applying Frontline Plus this evening to my dogs, one of my young ones jumped up and snatched one of the vials and broke the container. As soon as she tasted it, she dropped it -- but most likely ingested a small quanity of the liquid. I tried calling their 800 number but they close at 8 p.m. Poison Control charges $65 to answer a question -- so I'm hoping someone here can tell me what to do ASAP! Thanks in Advance!

Re: Frontline Ingested!

See: http://www.lab-retriever.net/board/fire-hydrant/103020-my-puppy-ate-frontline-cats.html

I remember when frontline first came out. A rep was at the clinic giving us the sale pitch. One of the safety tests involved giving their test animals frontline orally. I remember them saying that they had given cats the equivilant of 29 vials of feline frontline orally with no severe reactions. I would presume that it's fairly safe when ingested. If you are concerned, check with your vet.

Thank you for your responses. I've been watching her and she seems to be all right. I'll call my vet in the morning -- also the Frontline 800 # that was closed this evening.

Re: Frontline Ingested! Human Poison control?

It's my understanding that you can call the human poison control for animals and that they don't charge....I've done it, but it's been a long time ago.