Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pro Plan Users

How many of you are still switching keeper pups to the Performance formula vs. the ALS Chicken & Rice? Trying to decide if I want to switch my 4.5 month old to the ALS now and switch to Peformance at 12 months or go to Performance now.

Thanks!

Re: Pro Plan Users

I use puppy food until the adult teeth are in, and then I switch right to Performance for life.

I raised my last two litters on PPP Performance, and left them on it to adulthood and beyond. My dams get Performance too, year round.

Switched from ALS to Performance at 4 months and had Pano 1 1/2 weeks later. Now I will not switch until 12 months.

I use PPP for everyone, all the time

Always used puppy before, this time raised litter on performance and kept keepers on it, at 5 months puppy had pano, switched to ALS and limping went away, kept on ALS till 9 months then switched back to performance. Love how the puppies look on performance, but if it is going to make them grow too fast that is not good.

I use Performance now for everyone, with the exception that once the bitch whelps, I switch her over to ProPlan puppy and start the pups on ProPlan puppy. When that bag runs out, everyone goes back on Performance. I have had no pano at all. I do not overfeed the pups especially.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I think I will use the ALS for a few months before we switch to Performance.

Where does everyone buy their ALS? I was at a local farm supply store (am changing from Diamond) and could only find PPP Performance and a lot of the shredded blends (not going there) - plus some non-shredded 7+ chicken and rice. No just plain adult ALS. Is it hard to find the regular ALS?

Do you have a Petsmart in the area? That's where I buy the ALS. They usually always have a $5 off sale going on so a 37.5lb bag is $38.99.

PetSmart.

Thanks! Ran out to Petsmart (5 miles away) and picked up a couple of bags of ALS at $38.99!

Sorry, what is ALS? Curious about diets that people are feeding their Labradors.

It's ProPlan "All Life Stages" - basically the old Chicken and rice food before they added all the shredded crap to most of the rest of the line. Just avoid any bag that says "Shreds" on it!

I still shop at PetCo even though they cut back on the breeder benefits. They do seem to have more sales now though. And their location is more convenient for me. But, we were thinking of changing to PetSmart.

Does PetCo carry ALS Chicken and Rice? I don't recall seeing it. We switched to Performance when they started adding the shred crap.

I've seen the ALS at my Petco but the price is much higher than Petsmart and I can't recall ever seeing it on sale for less than $49.

My Petco does not carry the ALS food. Petsmart does, though.