Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arnold Kids

I was checking out the Spotlight dogs and came across photos of Sloan... I remember him so well and so fondly from Potomac. I couldn't help but wonder how many people have been touched and blessed with Arnold get the way that his family and my family have been touched. I had an Arnold son, my Toby who was, will always be my once in a lifetime Lab. He is at the bridge now. But as I looked at all of Sloan's photos I could see Toby over and over again... Arnold stamped his kids so incredibly well. Both in physical appearance and temperament. When Toby was 6 months old we were at an APDT conference in PA and a stranger came up to me and told me she knew exactly who his sire was... I laughed and said sure, OK...Toby was my first quality bred Lab and I had no idea how special Arnold was.. So I told her to guess... Sure enough... She knew. Over the years I have been able to easily pick out Arnold get, both in the ring and out of the ring.. To have one of these dogs is such a blessing, such a treasure. I wish Toby had lived as long as Sloan.. I sadly lost him to spinal cancer 3 yrs ago at age 11. But there is not a day that I don't miss him.. Not a day that I don't tear up remembering him, his smell, his dedication to me, his zest for life and how he loved everything and everyone. His stare, his eyes, will remain imprinted in my head , my heart and my soul until we are reunited for eternity.... Thank you Arnold for producing a Labrador who is beyond words.... Thank you for enriching my life beyond imagination. I know there are others out there who feel the same way I do!

Re: Arnold Kids

How wonderful to keep hearing Sloan's name mentioned. It was just yesterday that my Veterinarian/friend and I exchanged stories of the last day we had with our dogs before they passed. We both shed tears as we told the story of each of our dogs. Sloan never suffered and for that small part I am grateful. I too miss Sloan so very much, and yes, Arnold kids are special, not only in appearances but in that "wonderful typical Labrador personality."
They broke the mold when Arnold passed...I am grateful we do have his genes in all of his off spring!

And the cool thing is there are new Arnold kids out there now! The wonders of frozen semen - wish there was an unlimited amount!

I have one of those frozen semen kids. Not a day goes by that I don't consider myself blessed to share my life with such a wonderfully loving boy. Every day he makes me laugh & his temperament is to die for. What a treasure indeed to have the gift of enjoying him in my life.