Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New MH!

Just want to Congratulate Owner/Handler Fred Hallett on his new MH. Wiscoys Midnight Train, MH! Congratulations to his breeder as well, Jill.

Re: New MH!

I saw Diesel run Juniors at 3 Rivers 5 years ago. He was very well trained, incredibly handsome and had drive like his call name implies - he was a Diesel. I know from my own lack of success in training what a great job his owner/handler did. Becoming a Master is no easy trip. Hats off to an amazing feat Fred!

Re: New MH!

Fred -Awesome - congrats...now you can get that CH on him!!

Re: New MH! Wiscoys Midnight Train

I am so incredibly proud of both Fred and Diesel. Fred was new to hunt tests, and did all of his own training with this dog.

Diesel is out of Robin x BISS CH Hiflights Roxanne's Genesis. While Robin has sired multiple Ch's, Specialty Winners, and JH dogs..Diesel is the first dog to come from my kennel to earn a MH.

We couldn't be more tickled. ;-)

-Jill

Thank You Jill
Early on when Diesel first started running hunt tests I was approached by a person who was interested in getting a dog for hunt tests and hunting. We talked for a little bit and as I walked away I heard someone say " thats a confirmation dog, you dont want a dog like that". I distinctly remember Diesel's ears going back and his hair going up. Our little dog never lacked desire or determination just an experienced trainer and handler! It took us a little while and we made a few mistakes along the way, but the best thing I ever did with my dog was joining The Long Island Retriever Field Trial Club because without the club we would have never made it past JR! Special thanks to John Brisbois, Mike Bunting and Susan Carpenter:)

Tell your breeders to get those confirmation dogs in the field! Sign up with a local retriever club and I promise they will have almost as much fun as their dogs!!!

Thanks to all those who encouraged and inspired us from the Finger Lakes to Maryland.

It is a shame Diesels dad did not get into the hunt test game. I have never seen a dog that wanted to retrieve more than Robin.

Congrats for a job well done :O)