Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bee Sting 'scar'

5 month old yellow pup got a bee sting in his lip about 4 weeks ago. First it was red and hard in spite of oral Benadryl and antibiotic ointment. The redness lasted at least 10 days. Now the nice black pigment has finally returned but it's a perfectly round black circle on the lip, the size of a half dollar.

Have any of you had this? Did it finally heal to normal? Anything I can do to help healing?

Re: Bee Sting 'scar'

This happened to one of my yellow puppies. She got a horrendous infection. An area of skin about 1 1/2 inches completely sloughed off. It completely healed and all that was left was a small, black "beauty mark."

I had a black puppy who was stung on the top of her muzzle. She had a dime-sized area of scar tissue there after it healed. I started putting Vitamin E on it daily after it had had about a week to heal- and eventually all the hair grew back except for a tiny, hard scar right where the sting had been. It's imperceptible now. Scars are more obvious on the yellows, but Vitamin E might help your pup, too.

I agree....I would use Vitamin E oil....apply it twice a day....good luck !!