Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hunt titled conformaiton dogs

Reading a post earlier made me curious. Who are the most recent QAA or higher hunt titled (FC/AFC) dogs from conformation lines? Any with CH as well? I know it has been years since there was a dual champion (CH/FC). Thanks.

Re: Hunt titled conformaiton dogs

Those aren't hunt tests, they're field trials... whole different ball game.

Hiwood Shadow was the last dual champion--CH/FC. You can find pictures via Google. There is a chocolate female who is from conformation lines that is QAA in the last few years. As well, check the Sealion Labrador website--she has a dog who I believe is QAA and conformation bred.

Ch Topform Edward MH,QAA

A black from the Broad Reach lines

Passed away in 2001

They are few and far between. Nice to see the great achievement. For a stud dog it is nice to just see some hunt titles or obedience has been done. Work on Labradors.

MBH
There is a chocolate female who is from conformation lines that is QAA in the last few years.

She had a litter at Crystal Kennels with a black CH/MH last year. Can't find her on their website now. She was quite nice and was QAA. I think it was mentioned that she had been in the show ring and had some placements in limited showing.

I thouight it had been decades since there was a Field Trial Champion and a Comformation Champion. I under stood that was many decades ago. I have heard that for many reason's, there may never be another one. I hope I am wrong - because that would be a great accomplishment - and I would love to send a note of appreciation to the owner and trainer - Wow!

Please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hunt titled conformation dogs

Doesn't it take 6 years to accomplish an FC? I am curious, need to be educated. Thank you!

Re: Hunt titled conformation dogs

Newbieabc
Doesn't it take 6 years to accomplish an FC? I am curious, need to be educated. Thank you!

No. It takes a talented dog, lots of training, and a dedicated owner to get a FC. As well as $$$ and a good dose of luck. There are a number of field bred FC's in the 3-4 yr old range. There have been 2 yr olds in the past as well.

Re: Hunt titled conformation dogs

Hiwood Shadow was born in 1979.