Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am/Can Ch. Forestwood's Meili At Brooklyn

My dear friend Micki Beerman unexpectedly lost her very special girl today. Besides being a beautiful Champion Mei was also an ambassador for the breed, she appeared on several TV commercials and TV shows, was chosen by the AKC to represent the Labrador as the #1 breed in America, and for the past several years has greeted the crowds at the AKC's Meet The Breeds. You could not have asked for a sweeter, kind and gentle girl. I am so proud of Mei and Micki. Micki and Linda, I am so sorry. Godspeed Meili, our hearts are broken, we will miss you.

Re: Am/Can Ch. Forestwood's Meili At Brooklyn

I'm so sorry for your loss -- such a sweet and lovely girl. I'm sure she was well loved and had a wonderful life with you. God speed sweet Meili and RIP.

I am crushed and saddened for Micki and Linda - Meili was a wonderful little girl who filled all of lives. Meili gave her all, competing in the ring, and alway in our hearts.

I am so saddened to hear this news. RIP Meili.

Mei Li was one of the prettiest labs I have ever seen and her spirit was just as beautiful. I will miss her sweet angelic face looking out the window at Micki and Linda's home.

God bless, Edie

I am so sorry. I know we plan to have these sweet dogs into their doddering old age, and their sudden loss is crushing. Mei Li was always such a joy.

I'm so sorry.

Micki, I am so sorry dear lady. No words will help at this time. Please know there are others who understand and share in your sorrow... Godspeed lovely girl.

so sorry Mickey and Sarita. Words cannot express..

so very sorry for your loss

My deepest condolences for your loss. I am so very sorry.

So sad to lose a great girl. May your heart heal.

I'm so sorry to read this! Mickey and Sarita, you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beautiful girl. I know exactly how you feel and wish I could help.

Barb

So very sorry for the loss of such a wonderful friend Meili. God Speed sweet girl until you meet again may you be frolicking with the others at the bridge.

I'm so sorry, Micki. I know how proud you are of her and how much you love her. My thoughts are with you.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words of condolences. Mei Li came to me from Leslie Plank and I am so indepted to her. Mei was named by my Chineese handicapped class. It means pretty girl in chineese. From the start she was special. She won puppy sweeps and then puppy classes because she never lost her beauty. Then she went onto commercials, TV shows and represented all Labradors at the 125th Anniversary of the AKC. So many cameras and lights but she never moved a muscle, just let everyone take pictures and admire her. If you needed a Lab for a scared child, Mei was the one, homeless people loved her and she loved them back, she always knew what you needed and gave it to you. I loved when she pressed against me in bed if I was feeling low. Then she became a Champion thanks to Kathy Mines and Joy Quallenberg. I have never been so proud. She went to Westminster 2 years ago and she heard me in the stands screaming my head off. Wow what a girl. My Mei gave me everthing she had, everything I wanted and needed. My heart aches and my soul is crying for losing her. But I do have her kids and grandkids, I have wonderful memories and a very special place in my heart for "MY MEI LI".