Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bites

At what age do you look at puppy bites? I have an overbite in a litter of 4 week old pups, will this correct itself? Thanks

Re: Bites

Sometimes, but if it's a significant overbite now, in my experience, they do not correct.

it very well could correct itself. the ones with correct bites, could go off too....I've seen both happen! best of luck, I hope yours is a good outcome!

I had two bites out of 10 pups go off at 4 weeks old. now 7 and they have not changed.

spoke to both families that are getting them, one was not OK with it and backed out they other was fine and I gave a $100 discount in case teeth needed to be pulled to allow growth.

I would give it a week or two before I judge as overbites. That is a small mouth you are looking into. Just watch as they grow. Teeth do change and move alot. e

Don't ignore nutrition. Been reading some interesting articles which link overbites to over-nutrition.

Curious as to what and how much food are they getting. Mom too.

Some articles i see indicate waiting until 5 - 8 months.

Really?? that's interesting... Babies just started on Royal Canin Maxi Mother and Baby dog yesterday. They only get 1/2 cup once a day softened and split between them for now. Mom eats the same and she only gets 4 1/2 cups. She looks in good weight with this amount of food. Only three pups in this litter.