Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone waiting like me??

Who else is waiting for their girls to come into season to be bred?? LOL
Thought "we" who are waiting could wait together!
I'm waiting for my girl Etna to come into season as I plan on breeding her.. but I guess she will take her own little time

Re: Anyone waiting like me??

No one who's waiting for their girls to come in to season?? LOL

I am waiting on Apple to come in! Then I have an 18 mos old who went thru a very light season that has yet to come in a full season....Bitches!!!

My girls are late also, weather ??

Glad to hear there are others waiting like me! LOL
It's like they feel what is coming and delay coming in!! Smart bitches huh!!

Wanna hear a real story? Two litter siters who live on opp coasts, came into their first heat on the same day! What are the odds of that LOL Lets hope they are that good with their heats to follow, when it's time to be bred.

I have the opposite problem...am anxiously waiting for my 12 month to get over her first heat so my 2 resident boys will stop their barking and whining. My 6 month old boy is more ridiculous than his dad about the sensitivity being around the ovulating girls around here. I took the 6 month old to get neutered thinking this would curb his whining but he's on a one track mission 1 week after his neuter.

Nope! I'm not waiting. Katie came in just over a week ago. She's actually a little early. If all works well (yea, I know. What are the odds of that.) she should be ready to breed by the weekend. I guess you all need to come over for a slumber party. Then they's all be in within the week! LOL

Poor boys!! Maybe we do need a slumber/season party!!

I'm waiting too!

Have a girl here....thought she'd be in season in April. Still nothing. :~/

I have a girl who was not due to cycle until july,and I had big plans for a breeding with a fabulous male, but in may, she had an apparent silent heat ( no visable signs! ), and my boy tied with her! oh well, they had a lovely litter together 2 yrs ago....I just don't normally repeat breedings, I like to try a different dog each time.

Yep. My girl is late too.

I know I'm bad.... but nice to hear others are waiting too! LOL

Yep, mine is late too! Almost 2 months late! Must be the weird weather and Spring we have had?

Late and finally in heat 13 days but her progesterone level is moving up very slowly. Not sure if her cycles differ or it's related to being late coming into heat to begin with. Last breeding over a year ago, she was bred the 2nd time on day 14, 3 days after 5.2.which wasn't my choice, it was the stud dog owner but all went well, litter of 7. What's different is she's NOT even close to a 2.0 on day 13 this heat cycle. I used Idexx both time and they're usually spot on.

Antech's progesterone testing went up $25 veterinary cost according to 1 of the vets I use. Cost would have been almost $140 for progesterone plus an office visit for the 1st level, over $200. So I went with a vet that uses Idexx and he charges me $90 plus 1 quick office visit including a 10 - 12 % breeder discount. Antech vet won't discount unless more than 1 dog is brought in for a visit. For example both getting their rabies vaccines.

Has anyone else been told that Antech's cost went up for the vets by $25 or is my leg and almost my money being pulled?

I hope all ur girls come in that you're waiting for.

BDR
Yep, mine is late too! Almost 2 months late! Must be the weird weather and Spring we have had?

What Spring? We had no Spring and went right into summer once again. I bet that's it. Confusing to the bodies of dogs and people.

Gosh, am I the only one that hates being taken when Vets up their prices? Not only the dog being bred huh?
They know they have us by the short and curlies so they can charge! Even with the male in the same kennel as the bitch I like to make sure I am right on breeding her,(I still progesterone her) but I feel sorry for the breeders shipping in the semen.

I had planned only two litters this year, and both girls are over 2 mo late to come into season!

You are not alone. They are conspiring for the least convenient time to do so!!! :)

Best,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Still nothing here...but I can't believe that I have to wait for too long until she comes in. I took her for training yesterday evening and at the end of the training we had some play time and the only boy there was always trying to mount her so she is probably giving some smell.

Yay I think someone is coming into heat, just a 1.5 months late! LOL
Haven't seen blood drops on the floor yet though but her vulva has started to swell and there are some blood around it...