Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Scale

Hi all. I am looking for a good digital puppy scale. I bought one, am returning it. A friend brought over her's, sending it back. They are too sensitive and seem to vary based on where the pup is placed. Any movement no matter how small, changes the reading sometimes up to a pound or more.
I'm using my old analog scale. At least that one only fluctuates a couple of ounces with movement. BUT I would love a digital. Any thoughts?

Re: Puppy Scale

Hi! I just have a digital flat kitchen scale that my husband glued a small rectangular bake pan with sides about 2" tall on. I put a folded facecloth in it and re-adjust the weight setting to zero. It works well until about 5#s then I have a actual baby scale, that I find is not as accurate but by that time it is not as important.

It is a kitchenaid digital scale cost around $39.00, sometimes on sale for around $29.00.

Get a baby scale. Puppies are safe on them and will still be usable when the puppies are 7-8 weeks old. Plus, most of them have a "hold" feature. Press hold and it computes the weight based on all those wiggle weights.

I bought, on the shopping channel, a luggage weight hock that weighs your luggage and works very well for pups. I tie a nice cloth into a sling and place the puppy in it then hook the digital scale onto the cloth and it works well. You could do this as the pups grow with just a larger sling. Google Luggage scale/hook.

Thanks everyone. I love my mail scale until about 3 weeks, but then they are too big. I like the kitchen scale with the hold feature. I'm going to google search for that one. I've thought of the sling one too, by the time I'm satisfied I will be able to open up a scale store LOL!

I've never heard of a kitchen scale with a "hold" feature. Food doesn't wiggle. The hold feature is only found on baby scales.

I have a red cross digital baby scale. It's awesome. They can be squirming around, and it's very accurate.