Comment
Any results from Winnebago LRC ?

Re: Any results from Winnebago LRC ?

BOB: Ch. Mtn Meadow Buckeye Brutus
BOS: Ch. Clearcreek Bonaventure Windjammer
WD/BOW New Ch. Lor-Al Hot Diggity
WB: open yellow bitch, didn't get her name

Winner's Bitch was the lovely Cedar Springs C-Ya Later Alligator, owned by Mary Herburger and Linda Brown

Select Dog: GRCH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH
Select Bitch CH Kohler Creek Valley Girl by Countryside
JAM:GRCH Briarwood's Eye on the Prize

can't remember the other JAMs

Breeder
BOB: Ch. Mtn Meadow Buckeye Brutus
BOS: Ch. Clearcreek Bonaventure Windjammer
WD/BOW New Ch. Lor-Al Hot Diggity
WB: open yellow bitch, didn't get her name

Labbylover 19732
Winner's Bitch was the lovely Cedar Springs C-Ya Later Alligator, owned by Mary Herburger and Linda Brown

Select Dog: GRCH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH
Select Bitch CH Kohler Creek Valley Girl by Countryside
JAM:GRCH Briarwood's Eye on the Prize

can't remember the other JAMs

Altho I didn't ask for results from The Winnebago LRC........ thank you both for taking the time to post the results. I enjoyed reading them.

Thanks for posting the results

Who was Best in Sweeps and Best Op?

Yes thank you so much for posting results for us at home! I liked Brutus at Potomac, so very happy for him, and all the winners! Wish I had been there.

Best in Sweeps: Epoch's Bohemian Brew
Best Op: Summerlin Some Girls Do

Best in Vet Sweeps: Liberty Creek's Front Paige

Both Winners Bitch and Winners Dog finished their Championships at the WLRC.
Winners Bitch: New CH Cedar Springs C-Ya Later Ally-Gator...... and WD/BOW New Ch. Lor-Al Hot Diggity. Congrats to all the winners.

That isn't all we brought back from Winnebago.
I know of two kennels hacking from kennel cough. Excectant mothers and mothers nursing have been exposed now. We haven't had it in years. Someone oughta be ashamed. It's so aggrevating!!!!! Is your
win THAT important??????????

Sometimes your dog has kc and you don't know it as yet. It happens. If you have very young pups at home then I would recommend not even going to a show.I did appreciate that the sweeps judge had you show the bite - less spreading of germs!

Major bummer. We were there, but so far haven't had any problems. But I will say that any time you (this is a general "you-all", not the previous poster) take a dog to a dog show, you run the risk of bringing something home and really should do your best to isolate any show dogs from susceptible dogs like puppies, nursing moms, expectant dogs, old dogs, etc... Hope it's a mild variety and everyone gets over it soon! I did give a KC shot earlier this spring, maybe that helped us avoid it?

I don't have young pups at home. Never said I did. It is the first show I was at since early spring. There are those that bring it knowingly without regard to others. They know who they are!

Aggrevated
Excectant mothers and mothers nursing have been exposed now. We haven't had it in years. Someone oughta be ashamed. It's so aggrevating!!!!! Is your
win THAT important??????????

If you don't have expectant mothers/mothers nursing pups, why did you say that then?

Not my own pups on the ground. Another breeders that also picked it up has pups. What difference does it make? They should be ashamed that they are possibly making other dogs sick, and they know it and they don't care. It's pitiful.

curious as why we always see this complaint and nobody ever confronts the people at the show that knowingly bring coughing dogs.

Breeder too
curious as why we always see this complaint and nobody ever confronts the people at the show that knowingly bring coughing dogs.

Good question - it is against AKC rules to bring a dog onto showgrounds with a communicable disease, so you really should report this to the show secretary if there is no AKC rep there.

BTW - I was there and didn't hear any coughing dogs and didn't bring anything home, so no idea who the supposedly guilty party is!

Then again - if you can't separate your show-going dogs from puppies and or pregnant bitches, then you shouldn't be going to shows and be surprised you're bringing something undesirable home!

That is HUGE BS!!
All my dogs were already exposed the day my first dog started coughing. Theres no way I would have known ahead of time that this was starting therefore no need to separate anyone (which I can do if I must). Do you think your talking to a child? Of course I know theres always that chance of picking it up, even if I go to the vet. Any simpleton knows that. What pisses me off is those that bring it to the show knowingly. We all know some do it, and we can just about guess who it was. Do you think I wouldn't say something to her face if I knew what was happening there? My bitch is whelp is coughing now, along with my old man. Bitch is right, and you bet I'm pissed!

Aggrevated
That is HUGE BS!!
All my dogs were already exposed the day my first dog started coughing. Theres no way I would have known ahead of time that this was starting therefore no need to separate anyone (which I can do if I must). Do you think your talking to a child? Of course I know theres always that chance of picking it up, even if I go to the vet. Any simpleton knows that. What pisses me off is those that bring it to the show knowingly. We all know some do it, and we can just about guess who it was. Do you think I wouldn't say something to her face if I knew what was happening there? My bitch is whelp is coughing now, along with my old man. Bitch is right, and you bet I'm pissed!

Okay, you need to get a grip and maybe change the way you handle your own dogs. You keep your dogs separated AS SOON AS YOU GET HOME! Obviously you don't wait until someone starts with symptoms! ALWAYS assume you have picked up something at a show and treat the dogs that have been to the show as being contagious for at least 2 weeks from the time of the show. If you are showing constantly, then no contact whatsoever. Yes, this might be extreme, but then again I've never had puppies get kennel cough because I choose to take these precautions!

I'm sorry your pregnant bitch is coughing (which you clearly said earlier wasn't the case) but being pissed at someone else doesn't negate your responsibility to keep your dogs separated if you don't want them to bring stuff home to your other dogs!

Well I think that "Inquiring Minds" was referring to not letting dogs that are going to shows ever to be in contact with the pregnant girls...not waiting for them to show signs of illness. I keep pregnant girls seperate from my other dogs for just this reason...in the event I do bring it home.

I was there and did not hear any coughing dogs nor did any of the dogs I came home with start coughing. Sorry your dogs got sick. It does happen unfortunately.