Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LRCLI Supported Entry

The Labrador Retriever Club of Long Island will be supporting the entry at the Riverhead Kennel Club All Breed and Obedience show on Sat, July 14th. Entries close on June 27th.

Michael Silva of Shadowbrook Labradors will be judging the regular classes.

Jackie DeAngelo of Top Gun Labradors will judge Puppy Sweeps and Veterans Sweeps.

It will be at a new site, The Suffolk County Farm, 350 Yaphank Ave, Yaphank, NY 11980. There is plenty of shade for the dogs. We will offer a raffle and there will be food available.

Remember we only need 16 in each sex to make a major now!

Hope to see you all there
Michele

Re: LRCLI Supported Entry

can you recommend which ferry to take (which is easier drive to the show grounds)? Bridgeport to Port Jefferson or New London to Orient Point? How much time should I allow for driving from your recommended ferry point?

Thanks!

The Port Jeff ferry is about 30 minutes to show site. The Orient ferry is about 1 hour. You should be able to come over the morning of the show without any problem, if you get the first ferry, depending on their schedules. You will know better when the judging program comes out.

Michele

exhibitor
can you recommend which ferry to take (which is easier drive to the show grounds)? Bridgeport to Port Jefferson or New London to Orient Point? How much time should I allow for driving from your recommended ferry point?

Thanks!

Which ferry you should take really depends on where you are coming from. Where are you coming from?

I live much closer to New London. Coming from NE CT. The New London ferry is much easier for me. I just didn't know if I took the New London ferry if there is enough time to make it to the show when I get to LI.

You will have to see what time they schedule labs that day. My guess is, by looking at the schedules, NL would be cutting it close and BP would get you there a half hour earlier with half the ride on this side.

RKC tries not to start judging before 9 am. If the numbers are large enough and you have a bitch, then even better time wise.