Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shameless Brag - New Master Hunter

We are pleased and proud to be able to say another "pretty boy" has earned his Master Hunter Title.

Addison Oaks Super Sport, is now a third generation conformation bred Master Hunter. Chevy finished his title at the Buckeye Retriever Spring hunt test under Rich Hammer and Bruce Smith this last weekend.

What a journey this has been and there have been those along the way that deserve to be thanked. This title has been a team effort with Guy Reith of Hunters Creek Club as his trainer and handler on two passes and owner Ron Huck as handler for three passes. Chevy earned his first master pass with Guy Reith as a two year old, the following season, Ron picked up the whistle as a novice handler and earned 3 more passes. Guy took the whistle back this last weekend to bring home that last ribbon.

With a 44% pass rate, it was a tough test but Guy and Chevy ran it to near perfection with no handles on any mark and his worst blind of the test took just 4 handles.

We owe Guy a huge debt of gratitude for giving up his fathers day weekend to finish this title for us, for the excellant care and thoughtfulness he's put into training Chevy and for all that we have learned from him along the way. As far as we're concerned there is no one better at his craft than Guy.

Chevy is from our first homebred litter and comes from a steller conformation and performance pedigree. He is a son of CH Caer Bren Super Hero MH and the grandson of CH Waterbound Locke On Laddy MH. His mother and grandmother of Linamia Labradors, were no slouches either both having Senior Hunter titles.

His is a littermate to AddisonOaks Super Star at Linamia RN,JH,RN,WC, and his uncle is Linamia's Thanks for the Memories CD,RA,MH,AWC both owned and trained by Peggy Steven's who gave us our start, is always of good counsel and has encouraged us to get in the game.

Thanks as well to the hunt test committe of the Huron River Labrador Retriever club for cheering us along.

Re: Shameless Brag - New Master Hunter

WOW - that's wonderful news! Congrats to all!!

Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations...hard work pays off!

Congratulations on such a stellar achievement! And thanks for the detailed report on his progression and your experience -- a job well done by all involved!

I add my congratulations to Chevy, his owners and trainer. Uncle Jake and I can commiserate about the difficulties of learning to handle at the Master level. One slight correction - Chevy's grandmother did not get her SH. She had her JH and was doing well in training when she injured herself and I decided to retire her to avoid further damage. I just lost her at almost 14 years of age. Her sire, BISS Ch Campbellcrofts Banks JH, had one SH leg when his owner died, ending his field career.