Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baycox (toltrazuril)

For those using Baycox (toltrazuril), are you happy with the product and what is the dosage per pound for pups. My pups always breakout with diarrhea at weaning time.

Re: Baycox (toltrazuril)

http://pub12.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=976632990&frmid=4&msgid=848275&cmd=show

I used Baycox for Piglets (50g/L) for the first time with my last litter. I have been a breeder for over 20 years and except for the first litter, my puppies always got coccidia at week 5.
My last litter was the healthiest litter I have ever had. I used Baycox at 3, 5, and 7 weeks dosing the puppies at .4mls per 2.2 pounds.
You can not get Baycox here in the USA but have to order it from Australia. With great trepidation, I did from Vet-N-Pet. It is expensive but there is a long expiration date.
Interestingly, before using Baycox, the male puppies got what we all thought was a precursor of Strangles. They had a few tiny blisters on their eyes and their bellies but no lymph involvment.They were treated with antibiotics but no prednisone. The Baycox litter did not have this. From reading another recent Forum story, it seems that these blisters are probably from the vaccine the puppies got. My feeling is that coccidia really challenges the immune system and that vaccination just pushes the immune system over the top.
I currently have a six week old litter that has received two doses of Baycox at 3 and 5 weeks. . . no coccidia.

wonderful stuff, very similar to ponazuril but you dont need a prescription.
I use the horse toltrazuril product, liquid form.

Thanks for all the replies. I do have a bottle and use it but still having breakouts of diarrhea. Maybe I start it too late. For the breeders that are using it. How many days do you give it and what do you mix with it for the taste. My pups foam at the mouth and spit it out.

Vaccine? At five weeks?