Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help!!! Best airline to fly with dogs

Hello it has been a long time since I flight with my dogs, and I've seen some of the airlines have changed their conditions to fly with dogs. So could you please helpe selecting the bes airline?
Thanks! ;)

Re: Help!!! Best airline to fly with dogs

No airlines takes (or should take) dogs in the summer when the temperatures are above 85F. I just traveled with an 8 weeks old puppy, and she had to go under the sit in the cabin squeezed in a mesh nylon travel carrier. If you must transport your bigger dog, contact the pet transport airlines.
http://www.petairways.com/

Continental airlines does a great job from start to finish any time of year.

Alaska and non stop if you can

Whatever airline you choose, a non-stop flight is best, and if you have to change planes, be sure it is in a hub city for the airline. I've used Delta and Continental and they have done very well for me.

Continental was WONDERFUL when we flew from Boston to Portland several years ago We had a change in Minneapolis and the person at the baggage counter contacted to pet courier dept so I could talk to them personally. The puppy (11 wks. old) I was traveling with was doing great. They changed his bedding and when I arrived in Portland there was about 4" of wee wee pads and a blanket that he was laying on. Continental also WILL NOT depart until the passenger traveling with the animal is handed a certificate stating that your animal is on the plane. My certificate included personal notes from the pet dept. in Minneapolis saying how wonderful my puppy was. It made me feel good that he was being so well taken care of. I will also add that I was traveling in January and not in the summer. Good luck!

I use American Counter to Counter- pending temps less than 85 degrees at departure times, and arrival times

Also, I use Delta, same song and same dance

depending one which one has the best flight for the puppy; we prefer direct flights