Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sensitive skin

My dog has sensitive skin. She was tested topically by the Vet. vet put her on mediated shampoo. Dosen't seem to be working that well. The area that,s affected is her belly, vulva area. Also, in between her toes. I thought it might be a contact dermatitis. What are your thoughts, please.

Re: Sensitive skin

Take her to a vet dermatologist and get to the bottom of it.

Check your food to see if it has corn, wheat, soy, or by-products. You should try Diamond Naturals or Taste of the Wild which is totally grain-free. Naturals has brown rice. A lot of time it is an allergy to the food and it is cheaper to try to change the food than do a lot of testing. Of course, if the food doesn't make a difference testing should be completed.

food
A lot of time it is an allergy to the food and it is cheaper to try to change the food than do a lot of testing.

I would do the testing ASAP no matter the cost. I wouldn't want my dog suffering any longer than he/she had to. You could change the food at the same time if you want.

Yes, get to a dermatology vet and get the testing done. Actually most often it's NOT food related.

Also do some research on systemic yeast infections.