Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chihuahua Breeders

Anyone have a reference for a reputable Chihuahua breeder out there?

Any help would be appreciated! Email is fine!

Sue Puff

Re: Chihuahua Breeders

Do you want a show pup? If not there are tons of Chi's in shelters looking for homes.

No. Looking for a lap dog. Lost our old Chi. Temperament important. No Chi's locally. Lots of Pit and beagles though...

Their national club website isn't too helpful and I'm not sure if I trust those on AKC. Most listed don't even belong to clubs.

Well, I know this isn't what you were asking for, but if a rescue might be a possibility... 187 Chihuahuas (including some puppies)were seized by the PA SPCA end of last week and after being taken to the PA Farm Show Complex to be examined by veterinarians, they've been placed with 14 different SPCAs thoughout PA. I know the Lycoming SPCA near Williamsport and the Luzerne SPCA near Wilkesbarre have some of them.

News reports said some were spayed/neutered. Most all were said to be well fed and in good shape. These dogs were all loose inside a outwardly well kept home in Benton PA, by two brothers who claimed they were pets... it wasn't a kennel set up or dogs in stack of crates, but a home overrun by dogs and one that authorities described as gotten out of hand.

Reports say owners willingly surrendered the dogs and were cooperative with authorities, helped identifying each dog with info and name.