Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
B Match

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Midwest Labrador Retriever Club of Iowa is going to hold their FIRST B Match 30 minutes after BIS at the Des Moines Kennel Club All-Breed Show on Saturday, September 8th.

Classes are as follows:
3-6 month
6-9 month
9-12 month
12-18 month
Open (Black, Yellow, and Chocolate split)

Judge: Sandy McCabe (Heartland)

Cost is $5 per entry, entries will be accepted day of show up until BIS, no entries will be accepted AFTER BIS.

Ribbons and prizes will be awarded :)

If you have any questions please contact myself or a board member of the club.

Thanks for all that have supported us along the way :)

**THERE WILL BE MAJORS AT THIS SHOW**

Re: B Match

Not to nit pick, but wouldn't this be an C match? You are a BRAND new club, right?

A new club has to do a required number of C matches until AKC approves of how things are running, and you have all your by-laws drafts etc. in order. Once you have completed enough to their satisfaction, you will do 2 A matches. Once those are completed and approved by AKC, you will then hopefully be a sanctioned club that can hold real dog shows and one B match a year to remain in good standing.

Only reason I bring it up is that my club just finished their last A match, and the AKC is VERY PICKY, so it's best to have the terminology right. If you advertise it incorrectly, it could mean a set back in your progress of getting sanctioned.

Nope. It has to be 2 B Matches before we can held an A match. B matches are basically fun matches which we have already held a fun match. I have been talking to AKC to make sure as no one in our club has started a club before. We have our by-laws in order and we are approved to start B matches.

After our first B match we will be approved to hold supported entry as well. Each B match has to be 6 months apart and when we are approved for A match status (in about a year) then we will hold 2 and those too have to be 6 months apart.

I promise it is a B Match and I have made sure to call and talk to club relations as well as reading the Forming a New Club material. I am also in contact with or LRC timezone chair and ask any questions I may have.

This is really going to be a great match!! So please come and join us if you are interested :)

Unfortunately I don't live near you, otherwise it would be fun.

Maybe it's different for a Specialty club vs. an All Breed club. Being the VP of my club (Sporting Dog Club), I was intimately involved, plus show chair so I don't know. Ours required "C - Fun Matches" until approved for the first A.

But I quickly looked up starting a new club on AKC, and your events need to be in conjunction with another while all of ours can be stand-alone.

Interesting how they have different standards. Good luck. Hope your turn out is good.

Oh that is very weird! Thanks for the input! We are very excited for the first match! I think this will be great fun and will be a great start to our journey to becoming Licensed! Good luck with you Sporting Dog Club!