Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
puppy formula receipe

can somebody give me a good receipe for puppy formula for 3 week old puppies.

In in the past, I used evaperated milk & water = amounts, and 2 egg yokes, and 1 tbs karo syrup

thanks,

Re: puppy formula receipe

3wk old puppies can be eating soaked/smashed puppy kibble.

Our 3 week old puppies get Rice Pablum,Probiotic Puppy Milk Replacement Supplement powder 3 scoops from container, 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, boiling water to mix and goats milk to thin 4X a day. At 4 weeks I run dry puppy food through the food processor and replace the rice pablum with puppy food powder. Then around 5 weeks I just soak kibble over night with boiling water, yogurt and smaller amount of goats milk. Just what we have done.

I soak puppy kibble in water, add milk replacer, blend it and serve it up! Sometimes I add a little bit of yogurt or Royal Canin mousse.

I use the GME with a bit of Baby Rice cereal mixed in and top with some probiotic powder. I wouldn't use boiling water though as you will kill the probiotics, use lukewarm H2O. After a couple of days I'll add some pureed puppy food to that mix, after they can handle that I just soak the kibble and top with the GME and probiotics.

The recipe with the evaporated milk I had was
one can of EM,2 egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of oil.A couple of liquid vitamin drops too.

At three weeks I do Royal Canin Maxi Starter kibble soaked with a couple of tablespoons of the mousse starter, then mash it all up and they still nurse on Mommy.

At 3 weeks, I soak puppy food (whole, not blended up) until it is 100% soft. Add a dollop of yogurt, mix it up, and let them eat. No need for purees. And a lot cleaner too!