Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BUYER BEWARE! TRUE LABRADOR RETRIEVERS ARE BLACK, YELLOW, AND CHOCOLATE ONLY!

http://www.thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_detail_news.php?nid=3

Re: BUYER BEWARE! TRUE LABRADOR RETRIEVERS ARE BLACK, YELLOW, AND CHOCOLATE ONLY!

Congratulations to Dr. Smith on a well thought out and well written article.

Re: BUYER BEWARE! TRUE LABRADOR RETRIEVERS ARE BLACK, YELLOW, AND CHOCOLATE ONLY!

BUYER BEWARE: True Labradors are active and agile and shown in working condition. True Labradors do not collapse when they get excited and hot. True Labradors are a breed of moderate size and substance. True Labradors are as tall as they are long. True Labradors have short dense coats. True Labradors have soft and kind expressions.

Breeder
http://www.thelabradorclub.com/subpages/show_detail_news.php?nid=3

Congratulations
Congratulations to Dr. Smith on a well thought out and well written article.

Do your homework, the same statement was written by Dr. Smith years ago. The last paragraph has been altered is all, and still full of many unproven opinions, that can't be proven true or false.

This looks like it could be fun.

BUYER BEWARE!!
True Labrador Retrievers should not have Rottweiler shaped heads.
True Labrador Retrievers should be athletic and able to hunt for long hours under difficult conditions with little or no effort.
True Labrador Retrievers should not weigh over 80 lbs.
True Labrador Retrievers are shown without excess fat.
True Labrador Retriever ears should not pass the inside of the eye nor be large and heavy.
True Labrador Retrievers are bred primarily as a working gun dog.
True Labrador Retrievers should actually have solid instinct and drive to retrieve!

Do you get the feeling that breeders of colors other than black, yellow and chocolate have their panties in a knot?

Not at all. I very much am opposed to silvers. I was just in a pissy moood and my true feelings about all people who are changing the breed out of ignorance came through. Sorry.

my my
Do you get the feeling that breeders of colors other than black, yellow and chocolate have their panties in a knot?

http://www.labradorcouncil.com/index.html

Looks like they might have their knickers in a twist!

Looks like they have better PR than we do.

I love this thread. So funny seeing people nitpick about the standard neither side truly follows!

Oh My!

It looks like their movement is petering out. Their last newsletter is from 2011 and the most users ever on their forum was 19 on Aug. 27, 2011.

simply laughable
Oh My!

It looks like their movement is petering out. Their last newsletter is from 2011 and the most users ever on their forum was 19 on Aug. 27, 2011.

they still sell silver labs. they still register them as labs. they don't need a website to keep their movement going.

simply laughable
Oh My!

Once again. Maybe before opening your mouth you should learn the facts!!! AGAIN!!! Hard to peter out when there wasn't even a council in 2011!! This forum is always good for a laugh!

Definitely not true, check out their group on facebook! Not petering out at all.

funny guy
simply laughable
Oh My!

Once again. Maybe before opening your mouth you should learn the facts!!! AGAIN!!! Hard to peter out when there wasn't even a council in 2011!! This forum is always good for a laugh!

Excuse me, their last newsletter is from 2010 not 2011, lol, where are the newsletters that is promised for $30/yr? Again I was the only person on the forum when I checked today and the MOST users ever on their forum was a total of 19 people on 8-27-2011. FB cannot be compared to a forum, not much learning on FB just a lot of gossip. Your council website links to "Improvement Movement" and this page says: "Unfortunately, not all Silver Labrador Breeders are improving, in fact, very few actually are at present." You can't teach the unwilling and this certainly isn't going to get accomplished on FB.

are you kidding
simply laughable
Oh My!

they still sell silver labs. they still register them as labs. they don't need a website to keep their movement going.

Yes, unfortunately for now they are still selling silver mutts and duping people. Their "council's" movement is to improve the breed and have their silvers accepted as labs. This is the effort that is petering out, the majority of silver breeders have no intentions of burning up their profits with costly testing which is evident by the popularity of their forum.

simply laughable
funny guy
simply laughable
Oh My!

Excuse me, their last newsletter is from 2010 not 2011, lol, where are the newsletters that is promised for $30/yr? Again I was the only person on the forum when I checked today and the MOST users ever on their forum was a total of 19 people on 8-27-2011. FB cannot be compared to a forum, not much learning on FB just a lot of gossip. Your council website links to "Improvement Movement" and this page says: "Unfortunately, not all Silver Labrador Breeders are improving, in fact, very few actually are at present." You can't teach the unwilling and this certainly isn't going to get accomplished on FB.

You know it all I see, once again, get your facts straight before opening your mouth. The forum isn't the council smarty. Gossip on FB do you read this forum on a daily basis? It's like a soap opera for dogs it just goes round and round and did I say round. Everyone criticizes everyone else's dogs but their own. Everyone thinks they no everything about breeding and labradors, yet most of you are beauty pageant drama queens. With your head up your BITCHES asses to even see what else there is in life! Once again keep up the good unprovable bs you think you know so much about. ps did you all see the realtree post? 11000+ likes for a little silver puppy :).

simply laughable

Yes, unfortunately for now they are still selling silver mutts and duping people. Their "council's" movement is to improve the breed and have their silvers accepted as labs. This is the effort that is petering out, the majority of silver breeders have no intentions of burning up their profits with costly testing which is evident by the popularity of their forum.

jqp is getting exactly what they want--a silver akc lab puppy. very rare so they were willing to pay more. the silver breeders must be laughing all the way to the bank. why should they keep trying to improve the silver lab? you've already told them that there is no way in the world they can breed silvers and please you. smart move lrc.

funny guy

You know it all I see, once again, get your facts straight before opening your mouth. The forum isn't the council smarty. Gossip on FB do you read this forum on a daily basis? It's like a soap opera for dogs it just goes round and round and did I say round. Everyone criticizes everyone else's dogs but their own. Everyone thinks they no everything about breeding and labradors, yet most of you are beauty pageant drama queens. With your head up your BITCHES asses to even see what else there is in life! Once again keep up the good unprovable bs you think you know so much about. ps did you all see the realtree post? 11000+ likes for a little silver puppy :).

Calm down. Don't be so nasty. I never said the forum was the council!!! The council promotes and endorses the silver forum in their newsletter. A forum can be a good tool for learning but it appears there is a lack interest from the silver breeders. It would be nice if the silver breeders would keep to their own forum and stay off of this one. You have harsh criticism of this forum yet you are here reading and posting, why is that?

I don't see how a "silver lab" is rare - the two breeds used to create them are quite common and any Tom, Dick and Harry can create one if they so choose - just like Puggles, Cockapoos, Labradoodles, etc. It is all about making money based on the public's desire for something that sounds cool or cute to them. Pople can get something just as unique at the Humane Society for much less money though, and the clearances done are pretty much the same.

I would like to figure out if these "silver labradors" are such a huge problem any I never have seen 1 in the over 20 years I'm breeding. I see lots of Labradoodles but have never seen a silver?

I wish I had gone over to the split off obedience venue at The Potomac to see the single silver there. We never had a silver at The Potomac prior I'm sure because both venues were never separated before. Breeders including me would have been gawking and prollie laughing.