Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Renee Gussman

I saw on FB that a breeder needs help but I don't know her or where she is or even what the problem is...too many dogs? sickness?

Re: Renee Gussman

Her husband passed away by his own hand on Monday. She can't do it alone and has too many dogs.

I believe Renee lives in Illinois. I'm sure if you google her name you'll get more info.

So very sorry to hear this.
I'm not in the area so I can't physically go there to help with dogs, but is there another way to help?

...So, my friend and I are going to send her a gift certificate to Petsmart to help out with dog supplies. We are too far away to help her out directly as well. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Sending her money and gift certificates is such a wonderful thing however, it is truly just a ban-aid on her whole situation. The kindest thing would be arrange for a rescue group to come in and find homes for at least 25+ dogs. There is no way in the world a person could hold a job and adequately care for as many dogs as she has. Think in the long run, she might not want to relinquish those dogs but she has got to face reality. Many of you have come on this forum telling the world about your financial problems and how it breaks your heart to have to stop showing, breeding and let go of some of your beloved friends. You faced your issues, she needs to face hers for her future well being.

I am too far away to arrange for anyone to come out, but she needs some time to sort things out I am sure. I was just making a suggestion. I cannot imagine how she is feeling right now, but maybe just knowing someone cares may be a big help to her at this point.

Breeders are stepping up and taking dogs and trying to find homes for them. Yes, she has a lot of dogs but they are well taken care of, both kennel and house dogs.

was not aware this had happened .. how very sad - my thoughts and prayers go out to her at what is an incredibly difficult time.

I agree that she needs time to sort things out and decide what she is going to do .. gift certificates for supplies or money to hire some temporary kennel help while she sorts things out would not go amiss I am sure ..

Thank you, I Would Hope. That is an excellent idea. My friend and I will send a gift card of some sort to help her out. I don't know Renee, but my heart goes out to her.

Renee's kennel name is Plumtree and she is located in Hampshire, IL. I'm sure any notes or whatever from strangers would be appreciated by her. I think she is a bit overwhelmed right now. Local breeders and her Vet are taking care of dogs. If you know anyone looking for an older dog (age 5-6), I'm sure it would be a kindness to refer them to her, as there are several of that age to place.

Other than that, I'm sure prayers would be appreciated. It is horrible to lose a family member suddenly, and that grief is all the greater when it was by their own hand.

Regards,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest