Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kirkland Flea & Tick

I was at Costco buying my Frontline Plus and saw they now have a Kirkland Flea & Tick product. It looks to have the same properties, except it uses a different chemical I think. Was curious if anyone's used it, or knows more about it, because the price is hard to beat. About $70 for 6 doses of the Frontline Plus, $20 for the Kirkland. TIA.

Re: Kirkland Flea & Tick

Don't you just love Costco! I was looking at it myself and I *think* it's the same chemicals. The patent ran out on Fipronil so now there are generic versions of Frontline from different companies. I don't need the plus though, so I didn't buy it.

That said, I did purchase a generic (not from Costco) plain Fipronil which seems to be equally effective. We have a lot of deer ticks and I haven't seen any on my girl since changing brands. However...where the Frontline application left her neck looking a little oily for a day or so, this generic version dried white and chalky and not so attractive on my black dog! I waited a couple days and then cleaned her up with a wet cloth.

So...you can compare ingredients and know you're getting the same chemicals. What you don't know is what the inert base fluid is. I'd be interested also to know how it looks after application but I'd feel confident in its effectiveness.