Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA Vet in NJ/Eastern PA?

Has anyone used a vet in northern/central NJ or eastern PA who is good at positioning for OFA hips and elbows? TIA.

Re: OFA Vet in NJ/Eastern PA?

We have had good results with Dr King:

http://www.steinbachvet.com/

Thank you for the information.

Dr. John North in Bridgewater, NJ. Referred to me by a well-known breeder/judge who posts on this site. He spends time with you, does the x-ray and then spends more time with you. Good luck.

You might want to consider going to the veterinary hospital at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.

lomalane
Dr. John North in Bridgewater, NJ. Referred to me by a well-known breeder/judge who posts on this site. He spends time with you, does the x-ray and then spends more time with you. Good luck.
Dr North is expensive and not the best at placement in recent years. Dr. King is less then half the price and I've had all goods and excellents with his and his techs superb placement .

I've used both vets - I think Dr. North is great & does a wonderful job, however, he is very expensive (My dogs received hip ratings of excellent and good). The last time I used him, I paid over $600.00 for one set of hip and elbow xrays, which is why I started going to Dr. King. Dr. King does not put the dogs under and I paid $190.00 for hip and elbow xrays (He has done 4 of my dogs so far and all were rated OFA good).

Thanks for all of the information. You have all been very helpful.