Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for info re: Raleigh Durham LRC specialty

Can anyone tell me when the RDLRC usually holds their specialty and who the judges are (pending AKC approval).

TIA

The back to back specialties will be held November 8 and 9. The judges are:

November 8:
Judy Chambers, Dogs and Intersex
Sue Willumsen, Bitches
Jodi Martin, Sweeps

November 9:
Sue Willumsen, Dogs and Intersex
Judy Chambers, Bitches
Neil Martin, Sweeps

The location of the shows is the Village Motor Lodge, Smithfield, NC

Perfect! Thank you.

Couldn't let this go by with commenting. I've attended this show many times and LOVE the venue. Granted the hotel is not the Ritz, a little "dated" o.k., VERY dated but it's clean and a great set up for the dogs. The club members always go the extra mile. Hope to see lot's of people enter this year (no I'm not a club member!)

Couldn't agree more. This is probably the most convenient show site on the east coast. It was probably the best of the best in it's youth. It shouldn't be compared to the latest, greatest, high priced venues, but it is a great site. And, RDLRC is a super host, so it is always a pleasure to be there.

I agree, the best show site. Lots of room for the dogs to exercise. Great area to visit breeders from all over. Great shopping across the highway. Always go. Not a club member either.

The show site is the best. Hotel...not so mcuh. But, it is worth it for the show site.

Thank you RDLRC for keeping it going.

I will say that I have attended the RDLRC specialty several times and have been treated to great southern hospitality.

My first stay at the hotel was fine - very basic but appeared clean.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the hotel during my last visit. I had to move out of my room around 11 PM due to a dead mouse in my "freshly cleaned" room as well as blood and vomit covered box springs. The owner offered me no assistance in this move and I had to go pick up the key for my new room. No apologies for anything. This new room was only slightly better - the bathroom sink had a missing handle and a hole in the drain pipe. But the box springs were "cleaner".

Heaven forbid if it is cold, the owner only runs the boiler for heat from 8 PM - 8 AM.

Needless to say, I reported the owner to the local health department and he was cited on several issues.

Raliegh Durahm LRC attendee
Couldn't let this go by with commenting. I've attended this show many times and LOVE the venue. Granted the hotel is not the Ritz, a little "dated" o.k., VERY dated but it's clean and a great set up for the dogs. The club members always go the extra mile. Hope to see lot's of people enter this year (no I'm not a club member!)
I've been attending and enjoying for years. For unsaid reasons I won't be attending. Its a great show and I'll miss it.