Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Non Smart phone

My current cell phone is about to bite the dust - do not want a smartphone - is there anybody out there who uses just a standard cell phone that would suggest a good one - one that will take the daily trials and tribulations of living with several labs and all the activities that go with it?

Thanks in advance

Mel

Re: Non Smart phone

The "dinosaur" LG flip phones have been tough for our family, where we have young men and various dogs, iPhones and LG. We haven't tried the truly tough Boulder version, which is among Casio phones. A case helps preserve the phone, even the iPhone, and gives some extra protection against spatter and slobber. A friend uses a rugged Motorola Droid with Labs at agility trials. There are phones made for construction workers. Look at phones made to military specs, too. Let me know what you find is good!

I have a Motorola Razor flip phone from Walmart (I opted not to transfer data to be able to use all of the extra features). I had to buy this phone years ago b:c my yellow boy ATE my Blackberry. Pretty smart, huh? and that was after he ate 2 other phones, and a set of binoculars. He has very expensive taste. I don't do all of the internet, pictures, email and texting stuff with my phone. In fact it's very rarely on. If you just want to make and receive calls, have you looked at the Jitterbug phone?

Had a boulder forever. Fell in pond got rained on and dog slobber on it. Dropped and retrieved by Labs a lot. Was a great phone. I then lost it and got a Rock it was a wonderful phone. Boyfriend had his phone stolen, so I gave him mine and got talked into the Commando smart phone. Oh I feel like the old dog learning new tricks. Just hate it can't find anything. Should have gone with my gut and got another Rock. Good luck.

Casio G-Zone phones! They are known as the contractor's phone. My husband has dropped his off a roof, into water, onto cement, everything you can do to a phone, and it is perfect. I wouldnt get anything else.