Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Increasing male libido/ training a dog for collections

I've owned boys for the last 15 or so years and never had one quite as stubborn as my current youngest. He's almost 3 and has been bred side by side several times and he has plenty of libido with a hot teaser, sperm count was high enough to freeze 11 breedings just last month, but he will not ejaculate if there's no girl in sight. Scent rags don't fool him, a friends bitch coming over isn't enough. He just wants the real deal. I have had a couple inquiries for chilled and am not sure he'll be able to get the deed done when the time comes. I have a pretty wide network of breeder friends and just hope someone has a b*tch standing when the time comes. I do have him frozen and it might just be frozen or fresh if this continues.

Has anyone had any luck with supplements or a way to trick a boy into giving a sample? And yes, I did start collecting him early but only with bitches in standing heat. I think he has a great nose and just doesn't waste his swimmers unless it's really time. Unfortunately not all girls can come to him and I'd like to be able to offer him at stud but don't feel I can at this time.

TIA,
Jan